Shop My Instagram

Monday, April 27, 2015

The Wedding Diaries: Bridal Shower Part 3



These days we are so busy I worry I will forget something important in the midst of all the craziness. Friday I turned 28 and even though I had to work it was a beautiful Spring day complete with gorgeous flowers from my dad and lunch with my mom. After work Chris and I met our realtor to start house hunting and the very first house we saw was a great start. We finished off the evening at home with some cold ones and the furballs running around like wild things.I managed to catch a rare moment of Piper sweetly smooching her little brother.
 
 



Saturday morning was cold and rainy but Chris and I headed to the County Clerk’s Office to get our marriage license. In KY you have to get the certificate within 30 days of your wedding so that really puts how close it is into perspective. The bottom of the initial form asks if you (bride and groom) are related. Only in Kentucky. **I marked no just in case you were wondering**


In the afternoon I had my 3rd and final bridal shower hosted by my mom’s sisters. It was gloomy and wet outside but we were having a blast inside. I am pretty sure there aren’t many items left on my registries after seeing the entire haul stashed in my old bedroom at my parents’ house. The generosity of my family and friends is really amazing.



If you have never tried a mimosa with peach juice, you are really missing out. I highly recommend it for hosting a shower, brunch or just because it’s Sunday Funday. And for my pregnant friends, just try soda water with it for a cool treat. Of course they had all my favorite Springy drinks so I had to mix it up. Mimosas, grapefruit shady and Pinot Grigio all made their way into my glass. Don’t worry Chris dropped me off and picked me up like the awesome fiancé that he is.



The festivities continued into the evening with dinner out and a few shots with a friend I haven’t spent time with in quite a while. We were out late so yesterday morning called for breakfast at Bob Evans. The blueberry pancakes were just calling my name and I had to answer. We took the dogs to the park in the afternoon to burn off all the empty calories. Ares was cracking me up just rolling around in the grass like it was the best thing ever. And all Chaos wanted to do was eat the grass, which he puked up later on. Sorry if you were about to eat. It wasn’t really that bad I promise!


We ended the weekend snuggled up in the living room browsing new homes on the market online and watching TV. Ares and Chaos were so tried from their park adventures they slept under their blankets all evening. Tomorrow Chris and I are off to look at more houses so hopefully we will have some good luck!



Happy week everyone!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10