Shop My Instagram

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Wedding Diaries: Bridal Shower Part 2 & The Bachelor Party



We had a very exciting and action packed weekend that started with Chris leaving for Nashville Friday morning. He headed about 5 hours South with friends and family for his bachelor party and from what I hear they all had a great time. Their celebration included golfing, shots, cigars, pretty girls and a live concert so I think it’s safe to say the groom to be properly partied for his last days as a bachelor.Chaos watched over his blanket.


I’ve been fighting seasonal allergies all week so I spent Friday night doing laundry and watching TV with the furbabies. 



Saturday morning we were up and out early to take a walk and enjoy the beginning of a beautiful day. In the afternoon the furballs lounged in the sun while I headed off to shop for my own upcoming weekend in Music City. 


Iced coffee in tow, I picked up some cute things from Target and TJ Maxx before braving the mall and the countless high school girls on the search for the perfect prom dress. I was ten years older than all the girls in the dressing room and waited in line for nearly half an hour but I finally walked out with what I had been looking for: a pair of short overalls. I wasn’t sure about jumping on that trend but for some reason I kept having dreams about wearing them! The pair I ended up with came from the junior’s section at JC Penny. I had to go up a couple sizes from what I normally would wear but they were on sale for $25 so I think it was probably worth all the hassle.



I met my mom for pedicures later on and it was so nice to be pampered a bit. I took my pretty pink polished toes home to hang with the kiddos for a little while and then headed back out to meet a very special someone. My friends Lisa and Joey welcomed their beautiful baby girl Zoey Saturday morning weighing in at 9lbs and 23 inches long. Everyone is doing great and I was so excited to hold my new little “niece”. She has perfectly plumped cheeks for days and more hair than I had until I was probably 3. Can you handle the cuteness?!



Sunday graced us with more beautiful weather and I started off the day with coffee on the couch. I talked to Chris and my dad to ensure all the men had survived the weekend and were gearing up to come back home. After a lazy morning I headed off to brunch hosted by my aunts for my second bridal shower. I am beyond grateful that I got to celebrate with more family and friends and their generosity is amazing. I honestly don’t know where Chris and I will put all of our gifts!





The guys fought traffic to get home but Chris finally walked in the door by late afternoon and the furbabies were so happy to see him. We sat on our back patio to enjoy the nice weather and some drinks and Chris told me all about his Nashville trip. Ares and Chaos are hoping the weather stays nice for their walks this week but they are also okay with sleeping away rainy days. I’m certainly hoping all these April showers we have been getting will lead to lovely May flowers next month.


Have a great week everyone!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10