Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

18 Weeks

It’s not a secret that I was a fan of cold beer on a Friday night, a good glass of wine or cocktails on the patio before getting pregnant. The last alcoholic beverage I drank was a glass of red wine at my cousin’s wedding the night before I found out about the little baby in my belly. At first the excitement over being pregnant took the spotlight and I sort of forgot about weekend drinks. And further into my 1st trimester I wouldn’t say I was turned off completely, but alcohol held no appeal whatsoever. New Year’s marked the beginning of my 2nd trimester and I was still perfectly happy to ring it in with sparkling water. But now, at 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant, I’m missing the alcohol. There’s still (maybe) a little over halfway to go with this pregnancy so I’ll just have to deal, but it’s kind of funny to me that it’s taken this long to set in. So far I haven’t really felt like I’m missing out on too much since I don’t eat meat as it is and I can take or leave sushi. I’ve been able to continue working out as usual with a few modifications and most things that are probably too risky to do while pregnant aren’t on my list of regular activities (horseback riding, skiing, jumping on a trampoline, ect.). I’m typically a side sleeper anyway or half belly, half side, so the no sleeping on your back rule hasn’t been too difficult. I am sure that as I grow a bigger belly and the pregnancy progresses I’ll have complaints about things I can do longer do, but for now, I just miss alcohol.

Symptoms: I really have nothing new in this department. Heartburn comes and goes as does round ligament pain. I still want all the sweets and cinnamon remains at the top of the list. My caffeine intake is pretty limited but when I do go for an iced coffee the baby starts wiggling around a lot. I’m not sure if that means baby P is a fan or that he or she is trying to tell me the opposite. I’ve always had weird dreams so I can’t really blame that on pregnancy, although they seem a bit extreme some nights even for me. But last night I had a very clear dream that I had a baby boy with perfect round cheeks and a fuzzy head. I keep checking for stretch marks but haven’t found any yet. Overall, there are more times than not that I’m experiencing zero pregnancy symptoms so I guess that’s why they call it the “honeymoon trimester”.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10