Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

17 Weeks

I have been feeling so much movement this week and it’s literally the coolest! I keep pressing on my belly trying to feel it from the outside when I feel in on the inside but it’s just not happening. I saw my mom over the weekend and was telling her about it but that I swore Chaos could feel it. Twice he had his head against my belly and looked up at me right as I felt the baby move. She said maybe he could hear it. What didn’t I think of that?! But just then munchkin decided to play up the moment and roll around (I think) so I had mom test it out putting her fingers to the spot and what do you know but she said she felt it! Chris couldn’t feel it though and we still can’t seem to feel it from the outside. There must be something special about the touch of big brother Chaos and Grandma. Hopefully us parents will join the party soon.
So far I have been keeping up with my 5-6 days a week workout schedule and doing my usual routines with some minor modifications now that I’m in my 2nd trimester. Typically I like to do bodyweight strength training with cardio switching off to different muscle groups but last week I decided to give pre-natal yoga a whirl. I’m not completely new to yoga but definitely still at a beginner level. I tried the hot version with friends about 2 years ago and got into going to classes several days a week for a while. But it was too expensive to continue and easier to just work out at home (for free!). I downloaded an app that I used on and off for a few months afterward but ended up just going back to my non-yoga roots. I have a decently strong core but I’ve never been the best with balance so yoga can be a bit frustrating for me. So far I’ve tried a few different practices via YouTube and while my muscles feel nice and stretched afterward, I don’t get that post workout high I’m accustom to and feel like I didn’t really do much for my body. It’s probably just something you have to get used to over time like feeling full as a vegetarian, but I’m not there yet. I’m going to try a few more different videos and see what happens.
 Symptoms: Heartburn, hello again, wish you’d just beat it. I’m absolutely ravenous most of the day, and I don’t mean everything just sounds good, I mean belly growling omg I’m going to die if I don’t eat kind of hungry. But by dinnertime my appetite has vanished. So strange. Sweets continue to call my name all the time but veggies are slowly becoming my friend again. Round ligament pain comes and goes. It’s annoying but it never lasts long so I can’t really complain. The belly is growing but it’s still not obvious in regular clothes without me framing the bump with my hands. When do y’all think I’ll POP?!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10