Shop My Instagram

Thursday, February 25, 2016

20 Weeks




****Sorry guys, this was posted yesterday but for some reason reverted to draft****


I can’t believe I’m halfway through this pregnancy. 20 weeks down, 20 to go. I’m feeling pretty great these days and I hope it lasts! I’m up 9 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, all of which I gained between 13.5 weeks and 20 weeks. I was a bit alarmed that nearly 10 lbs packed on in that short timeframe but I was reassured I am right on track. A lot of women don’t gain a pound in the first trimester and then gain 5-10 lbs between weeks 15-20 as the baby hits a growth spurt. I’m guessing this is what happened to me because I don’t have a scale at home so I wasn’t weighing myself between doctor appointments. I can still button most of my pants and jeggings but I am either belly banding or using the hair tie trick on everything else or just rocking leggings. I’m actually wearing a pair of maternity jeans in this week’s picture, but I don’t which have the belly to keep them up yet without constant tugging. I make a point not to be flat on my back too long during workouts which means doing a standing version of many core/ab exercises. I was a bit annoyed at first because it’s not what I’m used to but now I’m finding the switch up is kind of fun. I always go to sleep on my side with my trusty Dottie Cane between my knees but I have woken up in the middle of the night on my back. Sometimes this is accompanied by tingling hands/feet, which I now know is pretty common during pregnancy. I just move around until the feeling returns and roll over to go back to sleep. Baby P is moving so much these days but I feel it most often in the morning after breakfast, around lunchtime and when I’ve settled down for the night before bedtime. I’m starting to miss eggs over easy (my favorite) and find myself pinning fun summery cocktails lately, but all in good time.
 
Symptoms: Does all the wiggling count? That's the most constant reminder that I am in fact pregnancy these days. I still love me all the sweets and have especially been wanting iced coffee. There is a Starbucks just down the street from my office so I've given in more than I usually would and run down for an iced vanilla coffee with coconut milk. I'm blaming this all on the baby because drinking it almost always sets off a tummy party. I'm still getting some hip and lower back soreness here and there, nothing major, and the tingly hands/feet in the middle of the night. Negative symptoms are at a minimum and I'm definitely thinking is the really fun part of being pregnant.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10