Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

19 Weeks

Tee / Leggings - old, J. Crew / Heart lights - Target

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Valentine’s Day over the weekend, however you chose to spend it. Chris and my dad spent the day painting but they both got me beautiful flowers and the hubs threw in a charm for my Pandora bracelet. I woke up early to sneak out and get supplies for French toast on fresh French bread with raspberries (and coffee) and oh my it was worth it. The baby really must have a sweet tooth or like raspberries because there was a flurry of movement after I ate. And speaking of the baby, this is really a 19 week update. I am feeling so much more movement now at different times throughout the day and I can’t help but smile every time I feel it. I like to put my hand on my belly and feel it from the inside and the outside at the same time. Seriously, does this ever get old? Call me crazy, say whatever you want, but Chaos can definitely feel the baby move and it is the sweetest thing. I lay down on his bed on my side and he immediately changes position so his head is up against my belly. I can’t wait to see what a great big brother he will be to this little 2 legged puppy.

Last Thursday when 19 weeks was official it was a pretty cold day. I wore a tank top under my thick sweater and about fell over when I saw my belly in the mirror. Holy snap, crackle, POP! I snapped a picture in the ladies room at work and sent it to a few people, classy I know, because it was so strange to finally see a baby bump. Really up until this point it’s not be definitive. It looked like maybe I just gained a bit of weight or ate a huge lunch. What’s funny though is that the bump can still play hide and seek depending on the angle and what I’m wearing. Some of my pants still zip and button but I mostly just zip and then wear my belly band over top or do the old hair tie trick to secure the button. I’m just going with whatever works for now and I’ll figure it out as I go along. The 20 week anatomy scan is this Friday and I am so excited! Even though we are not finding out the sex of Baby P we are still psyched to get to see him or her again and check out what all that movement I’m feeling looks like.

Symptoms: Hip and lower back pain is mostly just an annoyance rather than much to complain about. My pregnancy pillow helps at night but sometimes as I’m sitting on the couch winding down for the night it’s pretty uncomfortable. I’m still all over the sweets and wish I could eat fruity French toast for breakfast every day. The movement has really picked up and is more noticeable. It’s so amazing that there’s a tiny little person inside me throwing punches and I’m just loving it. Remind me I said this down the road when I’m taking kidney shots and not feeling so pumped about it.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10