Shop My Instagram

Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekending


Some people like to keep their weekends busy, filled with all the things that could not be fit into the rest of the week. Some people go the relaxation route, taking 2 full days off and leaving all the worries of the week behind. And some people like to mix it up depending on the weather, current mood or simply what seems most fitting. We are these mix it up people. 



Saturday morning I got up early for a much needed and long overdue haircut and highlight. I always feel so refreshed afterward, like that fresh and clean feeling when you get a shower after a tough workout or organizing your home. I was in such a good mood I cleaned the floors, drank iced coffee on the deck in the sun and even did the grocery shopping, which I almost never do on a Saturday afternoon. Chris had his day full with dog training so we did our own thing until early evening. My little sis turned the big 2-5 last weekend but was in California at the time so we had a belated dinner celebration at a nice restaurant. 
I saw this recipe for vanilla cinnamon pancakes on Pinterest last week and was up early again Sunday to give them a whirl. I used our griddle and added cinnamon syrup and strawberries and I'm surprised that between Chris and I there were still any left over. We walked it off at the park since it was a beautiful sunny day. It's good to spend one on one time with the dogs every now and then when you have 4 of them so we just took Chaos and he was loving having both of us to himself. 




We went our separate ways for the afternoon so I could go shopping with my mom for maternity jeans and he could log more dog training hours and run a few errands. I'm still in between my regular jeans being pretty tight but not quite big enough for maternity yet. We did find 2 cute pairs at the Gap Outlet that fit okay for now but I'll definitely be able to grow into them in the coming weeks. They were only $9.99 each! Target was a bust as I'm nowhere close to getting in their maternity line yet but instead I came home with a cute wire basket for blankets in our living room and a decorative wood + metal lantern that I just love. Chris and I reunited for an evening walk and then grilled out for dinner. Beef burgers for him, veggie burger for me. We watched one of our DVR'd shows and called it a night. 

The weekends always seem to fly by so quickly, no matter how we spend them. But there is a satisfaction to one that is productive, relaxing and fun. Have a great week friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10