Shop My Instagram

Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday I'm in Love

Valentine's Day is 2 days away and I've always been a fan of this winter holiday celebrating love. Of course we should make sure the people we love know it every day but I certainly don't see anything wrong with devoting one specific day to it. Plus, there's chocolate. Who cares if you don't have a significant other? My first Valentine was my dad. Yours could be a parent, a best friend, a kid or a furbaby. There are no rules when it comes to love.
In the spirit of this day devoted to love I made some easy treats to share at work and wore my favorite pink sweater. I had all the things on hand to make these Oreo treats but the ingredients are easy to come by and you could definitely improvise. I used traditional double stuffed Oreos and cinnamon bun Oreos, dipping them in either vanilla almond bark or chocolate candiquik. Add some festive sprinkles and lay them on wax paper or foil to dry and voila, you have a sweet festive treat.
And speaking of chocolate and treats, have you tried Starbucks limited edition Molten Chocolate latte or frappuccino? If not you better hurry because it's only sticking around through Sunday. The baby insisted on the frappuccino this afternoon and I guess I'm already a total pushover.
It may not be important to some people, but I am very picky about my loungewear. It has to be comfy and cute so that I can roll out of the house in it if I want to. I love the simple but adorable design of this ILY Couture sweatshirt, it's super soft and it's perfect for Valentine's Day!
I don't change my phone case very often, mostly because it's a pain and one more thing to think about. When I upgraded to the iPhone 6 last year I immediately ordered a phone cover but I drop my phone ALL THE TIME. The one I got was cute but not all that durable and I need durability. I stumbled across one from Scarlet & Gold Shop that I've had ever since and gotten a gazillion compliments on. But it's been over 6 months and I was ready for a switch up, conveniently just as they restocked the case I've had my eye on. It is SO pretty and these cases must be made of armor or something because they can take the beating I dish out with barely a scratch.
Since we are finally getting around to decorating our new house I have been looking for pieces for a big living room gallery wall. I found this adorable burlap letter P and couldn't pass it up for the price. I'm not sure how everything will come together yet but I will definitely find a place for this guy.
A few of you asked me what kinds of workouts I do from home during pregnancy. I love Fitness Blender workouts, pregnant or not, because there are a variety to choose from on YouTube for free and the girl in all of them is very easy to follow and in shape but doesn't seem unattainably so. This one is my go to right now because I can do pretty much the whole routine without modifications and feel like I've had a great workout in under a half an hour plus you don't even need any equipment.
Have a wonderful day of love friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10