Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Santa Baby

I was really excited for Fallon to meet Santa for the first time this year but I thought she might freak out sitting on his lap. I mean a strange old guy with a huge white beard and a bright red suit isn't exactly to kind of person most babies are used to seeing. But sometimes those screaming faces make the best pictures and maybe it's mean as parents to put our kids through it but c'mon, I don't think it scars any of them for life. 


We live near the Cincinnati Zoo and Santa sets up his temporary shop over in the Children's section during the annual Festival of Lights display. The zoo is magically morphed into this lit up wonderland and it's so pretty to see. Fallon is really into things that light up so she loved looking at all those colors and didn't even mind the stinky elephants. We got there early so we didn't have to wait too long to see Santa but I actually think it ended up being a good thing that she got to see him from a distance and then gradually get closer. I sat her on his lap when it was her turn and expected the frowny face followed immediately by wailing. I was wrong. She was far too interested in all the faces watching her to notice the big guy at first. And then she turned to him and just sort of took it all in for a beat before smiling up at him. It was the cutest and I was so happy they let us take pictures from the side so I was able to capture those sweet moments. I guess she finally decided she was in fact afraid, or maybe thought she was on the naughty list, so then she got the sad face. But I scooped her up before it went further South. 


Of course next year could be a totally different story, but we will always have these adorable memories frozen in time of our baby girl smiling up at Santa for their first meeting. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10