Shop My Instagram

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Adventures In Babysitting

When I tell people I babysit my BFF's son, who is 3.5 months younger than Fallon, most of them think I'm crazy. Well, that may be true, but having the closest I may ever come to twins a few days a week hasn't exactly been the shit show you might think.

Beau is a laid back, easy-going, go with the flow kind of kid. The yin to Fallon's yang. He lets me know when he's hungry, and recently, if his little gums are hurting. But he's a chill little dude most of the time. A sweet, snuggly little boy is the best kind of babe I could ask to babysit. And can we talk about those cheeks?! 



Sure, it's not always easy peasy making sure that 2 babies have all of their needs met and I feel like I'm giving each one the best level of care. But it's worth it. The interaction is great for them and they both really seem to enjoy babbling to each other and gnawing on each other's fingers. It's fun to watch and I love that I'll have all these pictures to embarrass them with as teenagers. 

Leaving your baby in someone else's care all day is a big deal. I'm humbled that my friends trust me implicitly with their son. The best part about your kid being with your friend all day is that you can ask for updates, pictures and videos any time! Truly I appreciate the faith in me to treat Beau like my own baby and give him the care he deserves. 



Our day starts around 6:30AM when Beau's dad drops him off on his way to work. Fallon wakes between 7-7:30  and I spend the early part of the morning feeding babies. We play before Fallon's first nap and then usually Beau falls asleep. More feedings, diaper changes and play time in the afternoon, lots of pictures and coffee for me, then second naps. Beau's dad gets off work at 3 and picks him up on his way home. Sometimes I can't believe how fast the day goes by, these cuties keep me busy! 

Sometimes you can find me nursing Fallon with one arm and feeding Beau propped up on my feet with the other. Sometimes I get the best arm workout I've ever had while carrying over 30 lbs of baby around my house to keep the peace. Sometimes it takes 7 times as long as it should to run an errand, partly due to all the attention 2 babies bring. But it's always the best job there is. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10