Shop My Instagram

Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Diaper Bag

When you're a first time mom you get all these baby things at your shower. Then you're supposed to figure out what to do with them all. And then once you sort of understand what's what, there's the part about choosing what to pack in the diaper bag. That is, after you've finally looked at so many your eyes are crossed and just picked one. I think this is one of the most stressful tasks as a new mama and one that is often forgotten about until it's time to take the baby out for the first time. Cue the chicken running around with the head cut off. At least that was me. I had it all perfectly packed for the hospital but for everyday use, well, I had to just wing it as we scrambled to get out the door for Fallon's first doctor's appointment. Maybe you have a better handle on this whole mom thing but just in case there's anyone out there like me, I thought I'd share what's currently in my diaper bag. 


Your diaper bag is going to replace your purse and go everywhere with you. So you better really love your new BFF. I actually chose this Jujube B.F.F. bag because hello, stripes, but it's also entirely machine washable. Did I mention the stripes? Zero complaints. But a girl could use an extra just to switch things up, right? I received a Fawn Design bag for Christmas and I've been loving it. The Tote Savvy mini organizer fits right inside to give all our crap some semblance of order. 

You're probably sick of me talking about my Solly baby wraps but I love them so and always have one with me as well as a lovey and my nursing cover

Fallon is teething like crazy, those bottom teeth will be here any day now, so we bring along Sophie (mold schmold) and a teething necklace if I'm not wearing one already. And we gotta have a spare pacifier in case little girlfriend manages to toss hers, clip and all, across the parking lot.

We've entered the world of finger foods so I keep puffs and/cheerios in my snack container but just in case we're running late for lunch I also have a puree pouch and a spoon.

Of course diapers and wipes are always stocked plus Boogie wipes, a Tide To Go pen and lip balm for mama. Sometimes I'll throw in a Clif or Think Thin bar, extra toys/teethers and a change of clothes for Fallon depending on where we're going and how long we'll be gone. Thank goodness both of my diaper bags have the option to be worn as a backpack because they can get heavy!

What's in your bag?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10