Shop My Instagram

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Mommy Make Up Routine

Real talk, I don't wear makeup all that much anymore. There are many days we don't even leave the house and sometimes I just don't worry about it if we are scrambling to get out the door. But when I do actually get myself ready for the day I don't have a lot of time to spend doing my makeup. I don't even care to when I could use that time for so many other things. So I have my favorite "everyday" products I can apply in 5 minutes or less. My go-to look for mommin' around town aka running all the errands is pretty simple but on the rare occasion I want a more glamorous look later on, it's easy to add a few extra steps and be good to go. 


I've been anti-foundation for years because I've yet to find one I like. I was a BB cream girl for awhile until I was introduced to IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream and fell in love (I use the Light shade). More recently I gave Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer (I use Bare Radiance) a whirl and these two mixed together are my jam! I literally mix a bit of each in my hands and apply. Probably I should invest in a brush or one of those beauty blender thingies but that would be an extra step and I kind of just don't care to add one. 

As a mom, I have permanent bags under my eyes from living my life tired. We all do, it just comes with the territory. IT Cosmetics to the rescue again with the Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. It's anti-aging and waterproof for the win. Again, I don't use any beauty tools to apply this, I just dot it under my eyes with my finger and blend. Bye Bye dark circles. 

The makeup product I've been using the longest is Benefit Hoola Bronzer. It's my ride or die beauty product and I love it so much I've never bothered to switch to anything else. One box lasts me quite a while so it's definitely worth the beauty store price. I actually use a big fluffy brush for this!

I never bothered to use powder until I started noticing how shiny my face looked in pictures. I couldn't take it anymore so I started testing some different ones out and finally found MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Powder. I'm still using my little sample bottle because a tiny bit goes such a long way. 

I have short stubby lashes so I need mascara to give them any kind of definition. I've tried all kinds and I still love CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara. I curl them first and then use the tip of the brush to apply it to small sections of lashes. A makeup artist taught me that little trick and it works great to make my lashes look longer. 

I've been using Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine all fall and winter. I use a pink and a coral version for the warmer months but this is my go-to when it's starts getting chilly. I apply with my fingers, surprise, surprise and just blend up toward my ears. I love the natural flush it gives me and the price is on point. 

So there you have it. I'm not the most put together mom out there for sure but this little routine is quick and easy and makes me feel less of a hot mess. Hope your weekend was amazing! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10