Shop My Instagram

Friday, February 14, 2014

Who Loves Ya Baby?

Some people will argue that Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday, and maybe that is what it has become, but so what. I don't see anything wrong with celebrating a day dedicated to love. Whether it's a significant other, a child, a parent or a friend, I think it's a great idea to have a whole day just for the purpose of telling someone you love them. It's not that I'm saying this shouldn't be a regular occurrence anyway, but I don't see any problem with having this one big day either. Is it really worth not participating just to go against the grain when you could have made somebody you love really happy instead? 

I am a very lucky girl to have had several valentines come into my life. My awesome boyfriend showed up at work today with beautiful flowers and charms for my Pandora bracelet. 


My furry valentines greeted me when I walked in the door with sloppy kisses and leg rubs. 





I made Chris and I a lovely dinner of buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese (his favorite) and peanut butter brownies for dessert. I'd like to say it was romantic, but then again that's not really our thing. Mostly it was me trying to make 2 things at once before Chris left for work and him trying to supervise the furballs. The cats were desperately trying to get some of the chicken and the dogs were drawn to the smell of peanut butter. This might not sound like a perfect Valentine's Day, but it was for us. 


These brownies are supposed to set up in the fridge overnight but since we didn't have time for that, we just ate them crumbled and gooey. They were still yummy!



But long before boyfriends or furbabies I had my very first valentine. He's know me since the day I was born and always been there no matter what. He loves me unconditionally and would do anything in the world for me. He's been my hero my entire life and always will be. No matter how old I get I know I will never stop being my daddy's little girl. After all, he was my very first valentine. 

























How are you celebrating Valentine's Day? Do you have furry valentines like me?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10