Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

12 Weeks



I hope you all had a wonderful holiday celebrating and spending time with your families and friends. I’m still recovering from our 5 days of Christmas! Chris and I both like to see all the people in our families but that means the gatherings are split up and spread over several days. I thought for sure I’d be exhausted by Sunday night but it wasn’t until yesterday that it all caught up with me. Coming back into work was a little rough!









Christmas Eve Eve we went to Chris’s dad and step-mom’s for dinner. We played a game called PieFace that was so ridiculous but hilarious at the same time. It would definitely be a fun drinking game in the future. Christmas Eve we spent the day at my parents’ annual open house party. I even stayed in my heels for most of the day! Christmas morning we took it slow and made homemade blueberry waffles and sat by the fire. In the afternoon we headed out to my aunt’s house for lunch then to Chris’s Grandma and Grandpa’s house for dinner and ended the night at my uncle’s house. My dad’s family is very big. All of his brothers and sisters have children and most of them have kids now too so it’s quite the full house. This year the turned the garage into a mini arcade with all kinds of rented games and it was so much fun for both the kids and the kids at heart! Saturday we woke up and grabbed donuts on our way to my parents’ house for brunch and presents. Chris got a sawzall and was so excited he actually used it later that day. Boys. We ended the Christmas celebrations Sunday with Chris’s extended family and then watched Netflix all evening to wind down. Next year we will have a 5 month old baby in tow so it’s probably not the best idea to drag the little monster to all those places and toss the schedule a bunch of days in a row. But we have awhile to figure that all out!



Christmas Eve marked 12 weeks for baby Pfeff and me so it’s time for an update. I’ve been feeling icky battling the snuffiness, headaches and general yuck of sinus issues from all this crazy warm and wet weather we’ve been having. But I’m definitely feeling more overall like myself again and my biggest symptom in effect is the dreaded heartburn. I did get something for Christmas I plan to post about later this week that has really helped keep me from waking up in the middle of the night with the fire breathing dragon feeling though. It’s amazing! I finally have a bitty bump that’s visible in tight clothes. I think it might be a little while yet before I really look pregnant but who knows, I could pop tomorrow! After the new year I’m super excited to start working on house projects, including the baby’s room. I have a bunch of ideas floating around to keep it gender neutral until he or she arrives. Then we will add accent colors and specific décor.



Symptoms: Still some good ol’ heartburn but rarely nauseous anymore. Still craving sweets and some sweet/salty combos. I made popcorn mix to take along to our celebrations and I think Chris loved it even more than me. It’s so simple to make and very versatile for adding different ingredients and colors for holidays or events. I used 1 bag of popcorn with sea salt, 1 bag of red and green m&ms, about 3 cups of pretzel sticks and 1 block of vanilla almond bark. I mixed the popcorn, m&ms and pretzels in a big bowl and then melted the almond bark and poured it over top, stirring with a wooden spoon to coat everything evenly. Then I poured it all out onto foil to let it harden. I added some red and green sugar sprinkles just for fun and then broke it up into smaller chunks once the almond bark was completely solid again. Soooo good. I swear I really am trying to still eat healthy overall but I will admit I had cheese fries and ice cream for dinner last night. When nothing else sounds good and it’s eating that or nothing, I think eating is the best choice. I’m still working out so at least I’ve got that going for me!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10