Shop My Instagram

Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas in Nashville




My younger sister has been living in Nashville, TN for the past 2 ½ years while attending Belmont University studying to become a Physical Therapist. It’s about a 4 hour trip from our home in Northern Kentucky so we’ve made it several times for visits over the last couple years. If you’ve never been to Nashville, it is such a fun city! Of course having a “local” to take you to best spots is pretty sweet but you don’t need the insider point of view to have a great time. This past week my sister finished her very last round of finals and was ready to head home for her last semester in between clinicals. My parents were making the trip down to help her bring the rest of her stuff home so my mom thought it would be fun to turn it into a little family trip, dogs included. 





Please excuse my hot mess hair


The Hilton Downtown Nashville is very nice and centrally located PLUS it allows dogs. That’s right, Ares and Chaos got to stay the night in a fancy hotel. We woke up early Saturday morning, packed up the car and made a stop for breakfast before heading South. When Chaos was a tiny puppy we had no idea how big he would get and so his crate is pretty large. It’s actually large enough to fit both dogs comfortably and they don’t mind sharing a bit. We have a wire crate that folds down flat so it easily fits in the trunk of my Honda Civic. I road shotgun and the dogs hung out in the backseat. Ares tends to be a backseat driver aka chirps for a little while since he knows we are going somewhere fun and he’s just so excited. Chaos on the other hand, looks out the window for a little while and then lays down to sleep. They are fairly easy travelers (except when Ares starts farting!) so a 4 hour trip isn’t a big deal. We made one potty stop and that was it.








We hit up a local Christmas festival after all my sister’s things were packed up from her apartment. It was a bit crowded for the dogs so we mostly hung around the outskirts of the event but it was unseasonably warm for December and a nice day to be outside. After checking into the hotel we went out for rooftop drinks (water for me) and then headed back to get ready for dinner. The restaurant where we ate is called Urban Grub and was so cool! We were seated at an outdoor patio complete with lights, a fireplace and nice warm heaters. Our waiter was kind enough to make my non-alcoholic cider iced since this little one in my belly is still boycotting all hot beverages. Both the food and the service were fantastic and I was so full afterward I was glad I could blame my food baby on my actual baby!



P.S. I only took a sip of the champagne I promise!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10