Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

We Believe




So many of you asked where our We Believe wooden sign is from and I was going to answer each of you, until I thought it was just the perfect final blog post before I sign off for Christmas. The very talented Tessa at TNlettering makes these gorgeous wooden signs and hand letters each and every one. I actually ordered 2 others as gifts and the one that I’ve already given received the exact response you hope for when you give a custom item. Why did I choose to have the one for our house say We Believe? It could be a short answer but I’m going to make it a long one.



Some of you maybe weren’t even born yet in 1994 but you probably do know 2 of the best damn Christmas movies that came out that year. Disney’s “The Santa Clause” is forever my favorite. I was 8 and my dad took my sister and I to see it in the theater. I had dreamt up this idea of what Santa’s workshop looked like up there at the North Pole and how he made his magic Christmas Eve ride. When I saw that movie it all came to life before my very eyes. It was as if someone had gone into my head and played the movie reel straight from it. I still make sure to watch it at LEAST once every year if not all 500 times they show it on TV. When Scott Calvin first arrives at the North Pole after delivering the presents on Christmas Eve he can’t believe what he’s seeing. The elf Judy tells him, “Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing. Kids don’t have to see this place to know that it’s here. They just know”. Yes I quoted that from memory.



Coincidentally my second favorite Christmas movie also made its debut in 1994 as a remake of the 1947 classic “Miracle on 34th Street”. New York City at Christmastime and making not just a little girl and her mother believers but an entire country, now that’s my kind of story. My favorite part of the movie is during the Kris Kringle trial when they show all the believers giving their messages of support. Everything says “We/I Believe”.  It just makes me smile every time.



The long answer is that We Believe in the magic of Christmastime. We believe in miracles, in happy thoughts, in spreading joy. We believe in the power of love, a good deed and of prayer. We believe in friendship, hope and dreams. We believe in each other, in finding the good, in wishing on stars. We believe in helping others, standing up for what is right,  and holding on to what we believe in even when the odds are against us. In this house, We Believe. 



Do you?



Wishing you the Merriest Christmas this year from our family here at The Ruff Life to yours!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10