Shop My Instagram

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Our Favorite Spot in the House


Growing up at my parents' house we had a wood burning fireplace in the family room and they later added a gas fireplace when they finished the basement. I have always loved a good fire going when it gets chilly and when you add in a decorated mantel with hanging stockings, a beautiful lit up Christmas tree and some snuggly pjs, well, you really just can't beat that. 

Since I moved out on my own it's been several years since I've had a fireplace in my home. When our search for a new house began I had a fireplace on my list of wants but not an absolute necessity, although secretly I think it could have been a deal breaker not to have one. Our house does not have a chimney so our fireplace is gas, but I will take it! With our new Christmas decorations up and the tree nestled next to the fireplace, right in the middle of it all has quickly become my favorite place to sit.  






But it's not just me. The cats love to cuddle on the couch among our festive pillows, but they also can be found lounging in front of the fire. Little O especially likes to stretch all out and soak up that warmth. 

Chris is back in school now, working hard with a mentor to be the best dog trainer he can be so in the evenings after work it's just me and the furballs. Once the to-do list for the day has been all checked off (or mostly), I get a shower and then lay out a blanket in front of the fireplace and relax. You guys know that my dogs are not exactly built for cold weather with their short coats and general love of anything warm and cozy. So I'm sure you guessed that they too love sitting right in front of the fireplace. On Black Friday I scored a great deal on matching pajamas for the 3 of us and of course we had to get our picture taken right there in our new favorite spot in the house. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10