Shop My Instagram

Friday, December 11, 2015

9 Weeks + Outdoor Living

I'm already behind before I've even really started. I left y'all off with an 8 week update as I was crossing over 9 and now I'm officially 10 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. Yea, I suck. So let's play catch up before I PROMISE to do a 10 week post within the week. 

Week 9



Nothing much different this week except I am starting to see the beginnings of a bitty baby belly. Or possibly it is simply all the Christmas cookies and treats I’ve been indulging in lately. Oops. The hardest thing for me has been the food/drink aversions. It really, really sucks not being able to drink a festive latte or hot chocolate. And it’s difficult to eat your veggies when most of the time they make you gag. Apparently this child is taking after its father the “I only eat veggies covered in cheese or masked in a fruit smoothie” guy. I typically pack my lunch every day to take to work so that I’m not spending a bunch of extra money eating out and also to stay healthy. There have been days when I go to make my lunch or get to the point of putting it together and heating it up only to feel nauseous about eating it. Those days I head to good old Micky D’s for an egg McMuffin sans Canadian bacon (thank you breakfast all day!) and a side salad. Yes, lettuce with cheese or ranch dressing is acceptable to this child I’m growing. If I’m unable to eat a decently healthy lunch (sometimes NOTHING sounds good), I go for a green smoothie for dinner with protein powder. I feel like at least I am getting fruits, veggies, protein and other healthy nutrients for my last meal of the day. 


Symptoms: I noticed there is now a lovely road map of blue veins across my chest and down to my hips, apparently necessary for carrying all that extra blood I’ve got flowing. No stretch marks to report but I guess I better start using some preventive potions and praying. 



Fresh air definitely helps when I feel a bit stuffy and/or dreaded nausea coming on. It has been so nice to have an outdoor space all our own now so we've taken full advantage even though it's almost winter. It was hard when we lived at the condo to sit out on the patio and have to leave Ares and Chaos inside. Our neighbor's dog was a bit hateful and would go nuts if we had the dogs outside with us. So now that they have their very own yard, they finally got to participate in an evening fire out on the deck complete with fleece coats and blankets. 



We are off to Nashville for a fun weekend and I can't wait to share all about it when we get back. HAPPY FRIDAY!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10