Shop My Instagram

Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Favorites


It’s been unseasonably warm around here lately and I hear we are predicated to have warm and rainy weather next week. What a bummer! But is has been chilly at night and today it’s only 36 degrees so we’ve been using our fireplace as hang as our hangout spot.




All the furballs love lounging in front of the warmth and the fact that the Christmas tree is close enough for them to lay under at the same time is a super bonus. I think maybe the kiddos appreciate a lit up Christmas tree even more than we do. It really doesn’t get much better than finishing up the evening chores, changing into pjs and cozying up by the fire with a candle burning and Christmas movies playing.




Every year that I get older it feels like the holidays go by faster and faster. As a kid it seemed to take forever for my family’s big Christmas Eve party to arrive and we would anxiously pull loops off our Christmas countdown chains anticipating that day. Now I blink and it’s a week until Christmas. I am so excited to experience Christmas through a child’s eyes again when our having our little munchkin next year. The presents have been purchased and are now just waiting to be wrapped this weekend. There is cleaning to be done, cookies to be baked and Christmas lights to be seen but while I hustle to get my shit together by next week, let’s talk Holiday favorites.





I know I shouldn’t really be buying too much for my baby with showers coming up next year but there have been a few things I just could not resist. Little one will be about 5 months old this time next year so I scored some sale deals on baby gear that I can’t wait for he or she to have. Pjs to match mama and the boys were a must and how insanely cute is this furry little bearsuit? A soft cuddly blanket should be in the tiny hands of every babe and of course a stocking to match mom and dad.



Each year for the past several years my mom, sister and I have picked a color to incorporate into our Christmas Eve outfits. This year I was ambitious and chose gray/silver plus cream. I ordered this festive sequin skirt and have a few off the shoulder cream sweaters I’m choosing from for my top half. I’ll pair it with red nails and lips, black tights and shoes and wavy hair. But there are really so many cute holiday options out there it’s hard to go wrong. I have this white furry vest that could be worn over a flannel, striped top or blouse. I almost never wear lipstick as I’ve pretty much always been a chapstick or tinted balm kind of girl, so this is my very favorite for the holidays. A blanket scarf like this one would snazz up a plain tee and some nice dark jeans with a sparkly flat or heel. I debated on going with a skirt or trying out the legging version like these, but ultimately didn’t know if I could pull them off. Lace is a fun alternative if you aren’t into sparkles or sequins like this dress. Just add a shimmery eye shadow and you’re set. I also think one of the best things about Christmastime is the scented candles. I’ve had this one burning all month long.



May your last weekend before Christmas be merry!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10