Shop My Instagram

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend



Why is it that long weekends seem to go by just as quickly as the regular 2 day ones? I guess it’s because they are typically around a holiday and holidays always fly right on by. Last weekend we had a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving with family and stuffing our faces. On Black Friday I got up and got to work on some major online Christmas shopping and then Chris and I went out for a deal on the tile flooring I had picked out for our master bathroom. There are so many projects we want to do around the house so it was nice to get a great price.




Saturday and Sunday my mantra was tis the season to be shopping. I went out with my mom and sister Saturday and got the cutest new coats for Ares and Chaos at the dog boutique. Who could pass up 40% off plaid fleece dog coats?! They are so adorable and the boys can’t wait to rock them this winter.




Sunday morning we got our very first tree to have in our new house. It made the whole house smell like a pine forest and I was beyond exited to decorate. Off I went to get the perfect whimsical décor and I really hit the jackpot at Target (again) and Home Goods. I’ve never had my own mantel to decorate so it was really fun picking out pieces to make my vision come alive. I am just waiting on a festive banner and a wooden sign I ordered to complete the look. But I think it’s quite cheery so far if you ignore the chunk of wall that looks like a puzzle piece. Of course the perfect place for the tree wouldn’t have an outlet for the lights on the wall behind it. So my dad came over and totally saved the day by adding one for us and I could not wait to plug the lights in last night once I had all the ornaments on.




I purposely left out something else we did on Friday afternoon because it deserves a whole post of its own. I can’t wait to share it with you guys and I promise to do so in the next few days.



P.S. I couldn’t find a tree skirt I liked so there’s just a $20 furry throw blanket wrapped around the tree stand. Fail or fantastic?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10