Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

13 Weeks: Hello 2nd Trimester


I'm already 13 weeks 6 days but better late than never, right?! I've been down and out the past several days with an extreme flare up of my bladder condition but I am back just in time for this post. We had our first OB appointment this week and it was so much information at once. Thankfully we got it all in writing in a nice big packet. It was a little overwhelming for me but I can only imagine how Chris must have felt. I don't think we were quite prepared for the information overload that we were going to get hit with but he took it like a champ and had some good opinions. Baby's heartbeat is strong and the doc found it right away so that was awesome because it was the first time we got to hear it! I know some doctors start the second trimester at 14 weeks and some at 13 weeks but my doctor goes by 13 so heeellllooo second trimester! 


I hear this is supposed to be the honeymoon trimester, when you start to feel like yourself again and get a cute bump but aren't all huge and uncomfortable yet. I guess we will see! So far my first trimester symptoms have all but left the building so that part is holding water for me. I haven't had any odd cravings this week, still just loving sweets. I cannot get off the peanut m&m train but I have been limiting myself to a handful a day. My healthy alternatives are fruit smoothies and overnight oats with pure maple syrup, almond butter and banana or berries. Dottie Cane, my pregnancy pillow, is still totally my BFF at bedtime as well as our humidifier. I am so looking forward to growing a bump and feeling the baby move. I CANNOT wait for that to happen!


Symptoms: Or lack there of. I don't have much of anything to report this week aside from the IC flare up that may or may not have been pregnancy related. Other than this little bump I've got, you could fool me into thinking I'm not pregnant! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10