Shop My Instagram

Friday, January 8, 2016

Resolutions + Your Top Questions Answered


So we are a week into the new year. I know, can you believe it’s 2016?! And the most consistent topic of conversation in the last few days has been how everyone is already breaking their New Year’s resolutions. I’ve really never been one for even making resolutions. Trust me, it’s not that I don’t think I need them. It’s more the fact that if I try to make this grand statement that I will stop doing this or start doing that right now that it won’t really be a positive outcome. So instead I just try to go into the new year with optimism for all the things to come and sure, I try to sprinkle some “what can I do betters” throughout my life as well. But this year I am making a resolution. And that is stop worrying or even caring at all about every else’s opinions.


It’s human nature to want to be socially accepted and it’s my nature to avoid confrontation. I prefer to please. But as I’ve gotten older, become a mama to my furbabies and am now carrying our human baby, my perspective has changed. I feel much stronger in doing what I feel is right than bothering with the negative reactions from others. It’s been nearly 2 years since I started this blog and it has really grown with me. I’ve become much more open and branched out into many other topics than I set out to from the beginning. And while my intention is still never to purposely offend, insult or hurt anyone’s feelings with what I share here, I have to let go of the fact that sometimes it might.

I’ve recently received several questions that I will call…loaded. What I mean by that is not that I mind answering them, it’s that I know in being completely honest I may spark some controversy in the process. So here’s the thing. This is my blog. I am a nice person and I sincerely appreciate every single one of you who read my ramblings. But I want to stay authentic and true to you so if at any point anyone doesn’t like what is on the screen, don’t read it. Maybe just wait for the next post or move onto a blog more suited to your lifestyle and beliefs. In honor of upholding my resolution and letting all the haters just go ahead and hate if they want (rolling off my back people!), I’m going to answer your top questions.

Was your pregnancy planned?

Shocked that anyone asked this? Wondered this yourself? Are one of the people who did ask? Well, it’s not really a straightforward answer. Yes, we were ready to start a family but no we weren’t exactly expecting it to happen when it happened. I promised to be honest but I will draw the line at getting overly personal so that’s kind of that for this one.

How do you respond when someone  has a strong opinion against Pit Bulls?

Fortunately I do not encounter people with this mindset all that often. However, I feel like the best defense is simply to spread that truth. Now, will most of them bother to listen to you? Probably not. But, even though I really would rather just give ‘em a good smack and tell ‘em where to stick it, I know I will later regret someone like this getting the best of me. If Chaos is physically there to demonstrate how much of a vicious monster he isn’t, then I’ve got all the fuel I need right there. If he’s not, I just try to point out all of the amazing Pit Bulls qualities and explain whatever they will stick around to listen to about dog behavior and the responsibility of the humans.

Where do you get your dog beds?

Currently we have a bed for each dog as they no longer share. This is because we’ve gone back to basics with training to ensure the boys are on their best behavior when the 4 legged puppy aka baby arrives. A few months ago we purchased this bed after much research on its durability and functionality. We also love that since we have a deck and a yard now, it can be taken outside in the warmer months this year. It’s nicely padded and does not get lumpy at all, everything evens right back out if you wash the cover and put it back on. And the pretty decorative pattern is nice too. Most recently we purchased this bed off Amazon. It’s obviously a much less expensive option and since we needed something quickly and have Amazon Prime, it was no brainer to test out. It’s a nice cushy bed but not all that supportive. Ares does just fine at just about 30lbs but even though it’s big enough for Chaos, I’m fairly certain his weight would flatten it. The color is neutral and the cover is easily washable but it’s not the highest quality and we definitely wouldn’t bring it outside. So, we have them on both ends of the spectrum but we will be purchasing another Jax & Bones bed in the near future because we have found they are totally worth it.

Where do you shop?

For me or for the furballs? Haha. I have ventured into my love of shopping in more recent posts so I try to link as many items as possible that I’ve just purchased and love or that I’m wishing for. If guys would like me to try and link what I wear in post pictures underneath than I will certainly do that in the future. I am really an across the board shopper both for myself and my family. I love to find deals and sale items but I also will go for more expensive items that I know are better quality. I find something I like at Target every single time I go in there. I like J. Crew Factory and Gap as well as Nordstrom and Hello Apparel. I buy a ton of stuff for the kiddos on Amazon like Nylabones and treats. We actually buy the dogs’ reflective nylon leashes from Walmart and their blankets at Old Navy but do order hoodies/coats from Baxterboo or Lucy & Co.

Do you still fit into your regular jeans?

This one made me laugh. It was actually accompanied by several other questions related to this topic so I will go ahead and answer them all. I am 5’4, have been for nearly 15 years. I was 116 lbs pre-pregnancy and as of my OB appointment on Monday, I have not gained any weight. I am told this is normal so no worries. My regular jean size is 0/2/26 depending on the brand and style. Yes, I am still fitting fairly comfortably into them without a band or hair tie. Each body is different and responds differently to pregnancy. In the beginning I was bloated and thought for sure I’d be out of my jeans by week 10 but that didn’t last long and now I’m not thinking I’ll really be out of regular pants for a little while yet. I’m sorry to any of you who were in maternity clothes before the end of the 1st trimester and/or gained 5lbs and want to throw things at me. Like I said, I’m being honest here.

What is your daily schedule?

I actually did a day in the life style post several months back but a lot has changed since then. I guess I will have to do another one here soon! In a nutshell I wake up at 5AM and leave for work around 6:15. I feed the kitties before I go but since Chris is in school and wakes up later, the dogs sleep until he wakes up. I get home between 4:30-5PM and work out/take a walk. I will definitely be doing an upcoming post on why we don’t have to walk the dogs everyday anymore. Hint, it is not because we have a fenced in yard now! I feed the dogs and cats again between 6-6:30 and that is when I make and eat dinner myself. Then I do housework like laundry, smaller cleaning tasks, general picking up, ect. Then I get a shower and do my whole nightly routine including taking my vitamins. Finally I wind down for the evening by working on a blog post, watching some TV or Pinteresting home décor ideas. I’m in bed by about 9:30, now that I’m not exhausted so early in the evening anymore. If Chris gets home early I may stay up a bit later chatting with him but 10 is the latest I get to bed. What are the dogs doing this whole time? Chaos goes to school with Chris and Ares…stays in his place on his bed between eating and going outside. I know, I need a post to explain this one!

Will you be doing a gender reveal?

Weeeelllll….no. And it’s not because we are just going to keep it to ourselves. We have decided not to find out the sex of the baby before birth so you will all find out when we do. I’m a sucker for a good surprise and Chris is totally on board. We will have names picked out for either and be thrilled no matter which one we end up with. Neutrals all the way!

Whew! That was a lot. I don’t know about y’all but I’m off to start this weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10