Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

14 Weeks

I am 14 weeks, 5 days and it has been a pretty exciting week. I felt the baby move! Yes, it is really early, especially for a first pregnancy. But it was unmistakable and after talking to my doctor’s office (they called for another reason) and of course, Googling, I am sure of it. I was sitting at my desk at work and dropped a pen so I bent over forward to get it but it had rolled a bit so I was reaching and really just squishing the whole middle of my body. That’s when I felt what I can only describe as little butterfly wings in my belly. I sat up straight and stayed very still, trying to feel it again. Nothing. Okay, you’re totally crazy, it’s too early to feel anything.  So then I bend over in my chair again and reached forward and….FLUTTERS. Now you’re just imagining it because it would be so cool. My doctor’s office has impeccable timing because I got a call right after that and immediately asked if I was in fact crazy. Jury is still out on that in general but I was told that it is certainly possible to feel movement at 14 weeks. Sure, it’s more common in subsequent pregnancies because of relaxed muscle tissue and the mother being able to identify the feeling earlier, but it can happen in any pregnancy. I was advised not to panic if I don’t feel anything for another few weeks since the baby is still small. Most likely I was just in the right position at the right time. I guess I really wouldn’t be too fond of getting squished either though so I can’t blame my little one for telling me so. I haven’t felt anything since but I am so looking forward to the next time!
Knock on all the wood but I have not had any heartburn or nausea this week. I guess the 2nd trimester relief period is true for me so far this pregnancy. I am feeling like myself again and I didn’t even want to gag after seeing a coffee commercial the other day. I’m crossing fingers I will be able to drink it again now but didn’t want to chance it just yet. The IC flare up from last week was still lingering into the weekend and I didn’t want to do anything (like drink something so acidic/caffeinated) to anger it right back up. Hopefully I will have a successful attempt at trying a good old latte again for a Friday treat. Maybe even a hot one since it finally feels like Winter.

Symptoms: I want to eat cinnamon. Lots and lots of cinnamon. That is all. I’ve, embarrassingly, eaten a pack of brown sugar cinnamon Pop-tarts nearly every day and actually sat on the couch with a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch last night. Cinnamon rolls, cinnamon pancakes, cinnamon coffee cake and muffins all sound amazing. It’s not unusual for me to sprinkle cinnamon on top of my oatmeal for breakfast occasionally but it’s every day now. Someone said there were cinnamon donuts in the break room yesterday and I was so disappointed that they were gone when I made it back there. Also I could eat an entire bag of original Goldfish. I mean I haven’t yet. Really, I haven’t. But I am positive that I could. Maybe even one of those giant boxes if you gave me all day to do it.
Who is ready for the new season of PLL?!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10