Shop My Instagram

Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday I'm in Love

TGIF! I’m extra excited about this weekend because our bathroom update is going full throttle. I cannot wait to show y’all pictures of it when it’s finished. Some of you asked about our new fixtures I posted about and they are all from Home Depot. It is amazing what a new light fixture can do for a space. The new fixtures for our bathroom are replacing the old school dressing room bulb look that I can’t stand. I am so sorry if this is your style, it’s just not mine! I have some other new favorites to go along with the post name update this week so let’s get to it.
 Yesterday was my girl Kristina’s birthday so I whipped up some lemon squares for her because she loves all the lemon things. I used this recipe and added my own twist with a bit of vanilla and lemon JELLO mix. It was so easy and although I didn’t try them myself (wasn’t feeling the lemon) she did and gave it the seal of approval.
I have never been a foundation wearing girl. It’s not that I think I don’t need it but rather that I tried several different kinds years ago and never found one I liked so I gave up. Pregnancy has been kind to my skin this trimester and I mentioned loving the new Philosophy products I received as gifts for Christmas, but some days I feel like I look a bit washed out. I have been wanting to try BB Cream as an alternative to foundation just to even things out and give my face a boost. I researched and read reviews and finally purchased this one via Amazon. I cannot even believe how much of a difference it makes without looking or feeling like I’ve buried my skin under layers of makeup. I absolutely love this and now I’m not afraid to test out some other brands since I know this one is a keeper!
In our house we love blankets. Lots and lots of blankets. You might even say we are blanket hoarders. Okay, it’s not really that bad. We have 2 sets, one for the humans and one for the furbabies. When the old ones get ratty they go to the furbabies and when theirs get ruined, well, they go to blanket heaven. Since it’s pretty easy for blankets to get beat up when dogs use them with their claws and slobber and the occasional accident, we buy them cheap. Typically we get fleece blankets from Old Navy for $5-$10 depending on the sales they have going on but I came upon some for $2.88 yesterday and had to stock up.
The new Lucy & Co. hoodies I ordered for the boys came in this week and I can’t get over how cute they look in them. These fit my little monsters so well and look so adorable I want to buy them in every style! I might even have to get the Hello Apparel matching tee for mama.
Did you know that dogs can have sensitive tummies just like humans? Well, a lot of people don’t! We’ve known since he was a baby that Chaos is one of those dogs. Our Pittie is just sensitive all the way through.  It’s not the most fun thing to do, but checking out your dog’s doo doo is a surefire way to tell if there’s a problem. First of all, they shouldn’t have to go #2 all the time and it shouldn’t consistently be soft or diarrhea like. Your vet will tell you that dog poop can tell you a whole lot about the health of your pup so even though it’s icky, if you pay attention you could learn something! Back to my point, the trainer Chris is working with gave a recommendation for Show Stopper. It’s an antioxidant blend for dogs that has really seemed to make a difference for not just Chaos but Ares as well. They have shinier coats, shed less and digestion seems like a much smoother process if you know what I mean.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10