Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

16 Weeks

16 weeks and I think I have started to “pop” a bit. I’m pretty surprised that all my pants keep zipping and buttoning but they are definitely feeling tight. I have a desk job and spend most of my work day sitting down. It’s not quite uncomfortable until the end of the day but I think I’m ready to switch over to the belly band I recently bought. And probably be wearing a lot of leggings + tunic outfits. I’m coming into the in between stage where my regular clothes still fit, just snuggly, and maternity clothes are too big. My next doctor appointment is next Friday so I’ll know how much weight I’ve gained. I figure if nothing else I’ve gained at least a few pounds of Pop-Tarts. I can’t stop eating them. I limit myself to one a day but it’s a struggle. I was hooked strictly on brown sugar cinnamon for a few weeks but finally switched it up with strawberry this morning. It’s still hit or miss in the veggies department but I made soup last week with tons of veggies and spices and it was delicious. I’m also digging these popsicles since they fulfill my constant cravings for sweets but are a bit of a healthier option. I’m feeling more movement these days, what I would describe as wave like or little taps, usually mid-morning during my snack (baby must really like the Pop-tarts) or as I’m getting ready for bed. I’ve tried feeling it myself from the outside but to no avail. I know baby is still small and it’s early to even feel movement myself but I just can’t wait for Chris to be able to feel it too. The other night I was laying on my side next to Chaos on his bed for a little snuggle sesh and he had his head pressed up against my belly. I felt a few taps, which I now recognize as the babe, and just then Chaos lifted his head and looked up at me with a what was that? expression. Coincidence? Probably.


Symptoms: Round ligament and hip pain have joined the party. The round ligament pain comes and goes quickly, thank goodness, and typically happens as I’m getting up from sitting or standing for a while. My hips are more sore than anything, like I worked out hard for a few days and didn’t stretch. It’s mostly uncomfortable at night. Also, my gums bleed a little when I brush my teeth. I’m a freak about brushing my teeth for 2 whole minutes (timed) every morning and before bed so sometimes it seems like a lot of pink in the sink. But apparently this is totally normal and no cause for concern. On Friday I stopped at the grocery on my way home and couldn’t bring myself to leave behind boxes of bakery cinnamon rolls and cherry coffee cake. The sweets cravings remain strong. But don’t worry, I only ate one piece of coffee cake when I got home and one cinnamon roll the next 2 mornings. I shared the rest with hubby and there are still cinnamon rolls left.

If you haven’t noticed I tend to get behind on these weekly updates. There is just so much going on and it’s also easier to say how the week went the more days I have to include. I’m actually at the end of 16 weeks and will be 17 weeks tomorrow. So really the biggest thing about 16 weeks is that our sweet little niece was born. Paisley Marie is a few weeks early and a tiny little thing, but doing well and is incredibly cute. She arrived the day I turned over the 16 week leaf and Chris and I got to meet her over the weekend. It was an exciting feeling knowing that in less than 6 months we will be holding on our newborn. It’s nice that the little cousins will be so close in age.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10