Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

15 Weeks


I am happy to report that at 15 weeks, the coffee ban has finally been lifted. While this might not be big news to some of you, I’m pretty excited about it. It’s not that I missed the daily dose of caffeine. Due to my bladder condition I don’t typically drink coffee on the regular, but do look forward to it over the weekend. So it’s really been the fact that coffee was a treat I looked forward to but could no longer even stand the thought of for about 2 months of this pregnancy. Of course it was replaced by plenty of other treats, but ya know, just not the same. When I realized I had watched a coffee commercial without wanting to vomit Chris and I celebrated by stopping at Starbucks Sunday morning. That grande caramel macchiato was magic.


I’ve continued to feel some movement here and there. One time it actually made me giggle because it felt like I was being tickled from the inside momentarily. I’m still in all my regular clothes although my pants are feeling snug these days. I bought one of those belly bands but haven’t had to use it yet. I’m sincerely not opposed to jumping on the belly band/maternity clothes wagon, I’m just not there yet. I mostly avoid wearing tight fitting tops in public because it just looks like I ate a lot. I’m rather looking forward to “popping” so it’s obvious that it’s a real baby in there and not a food baby. All in good time I guess.
Over the weekend my dad and Chris painted our living room and the first floor ceiling. I am so thrilled that I no longer have to see holes or patches all over the walls. Currently we are trying to pick colors for the master bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. Yup, the whole house needs painting and we are beyond grateful my dad not only supplies the paint/supplies, but does the labor. The baby’s room is certainly on the list as it is sporting a neon turquoise paint job at the moment. I did pick a soft gray I like but after we take care of some of the other rooms, my dad will do samples so I get a better idea of what I really want. Since we are leaving the surprise of baby’s Pfeff’s sex for his or her birthday, the nursery will be neutral for the short term. Gray, white and navy is the color scheme I’m working with until we bring home a baby boy or a baby girl. Then we will have fun with some color and décor. I have a Pinterest board with inspiration for going full throttle this summer but for now the focus will be getting the right shade of gray on the walls and buying or sprucing up furniture.
Probably the most exciting news is not about my pregnancy but rather my sister-in-law’s. She will be induced tonight night so we will get to meet our brand new niece by this weekend! Can’t wait to snuggle that baby girl.

Symptoms: Although I’m basically nausea free at this point and can now enjoy coffee again, I’m still having some trouble with veggies. It’s so strange because it’s not that the thought of them makes me ill or even preparing them. But actually eating them, well that’s another story. When you’re a vegetarian it’s especially important to be able to eat vegetables daily to maintain a healthy diet. I know I talk about my sweet tooth cravings but honestly I’ve still kept the majority of what I eat healthy. I just indulge in treats a bit more than I used to. I still find myself choking down cooked vegetables and eating them raw is hit or miss. So I was pretty psyched to find Bundle Organics. They are actually made for expecting or breastfeeding mamas and full of USDA certified organic goodness. And…THEY TASTE GOOD. I do make my own smoothies still but it’s nice to mix it up and take the work out of it every once in a while. Plus, when you find something healthy that tastes good, you’re winning.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10