Shop My Instagram

Monday, August 24, 2015

Being Mom

I don’t have any human children as of yet but I consider myself a mom. My kids are just furry. And it’s a job I take very seriously. I’ve left work or skipped parties if one of the monsters is sick. I’ve planned activities and social events around making sure they will get walks or potty breaks and fed around their standard time. There are very few people I trust to be left in charge of their care. If you ask them where’s mommy? and I’m around, they will come find me. Chris and I are the adoptive parents. They know who loves them and cares for them and trust us implicitly.
Giving birth to a child or adopting a baby isn’t what makes you a mom. It’s the bond that you form with your kids, the love you give them, the desire to put their needs above your own always, the worrying about them and fierce protectiveness of them you feel. This, to me, it what it truly means to be a mom. My babies will never talk but if they could, that’s what they would call me. When the time comes that we do bring a human baby into the family, there will be some adjusting of course. And we will have to learn how to parent our own species. But I won’t become a mom, because I am already. My kids will just be getting a sibling.
In my house, I’m the mama bear and I’ll do anything for my kids. Just because your kids aren’t human doesn’t mean you’re not a mom. The paw prints on my heart tell me that.
Shout out to all my furbaby mamas!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10