Shop My Instagram

Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Favorites


Summer is in full swing around here and since it's Fri-YAY I thought I'd share some of our favorites things lately. Most of these are going to be obvious if you've been reading the blog or following me on Instagram but I always like knowing why people love the things they love so much (and where I can get them!). So here's a little Friday love for our favorites and maybe they'll be some of yours too.

Converse Chuck Taylor Shoreline Sneaker - It took me a VERY long time to jump on board with the now oh so popular Chucks. My friend Lisa was wearing them long before they were so mainstream cool and I swore to her up and down she'd never catch me dead in them. Well, I was wrong. SO wrong. Last year I found a floral limited edition pair, fell in love and never looked back. Fast forward to this year when I got super lucky and won a pair of the slip on version. These babies are super comfortable and go with everything. I highly recommend getting a pair if you don't already have one. 

Fancy Feast Cat Food - Piper has been getting a 1/4 can of this brand of wet cat food daily (along with her dry food) since we lived back at home with my parents. I eventually found out that even though she goes crazy over the seafood flavors the most, she seems to toss her cookies after eating them almost every time. But there's nothing like some good seafood in the summertime and I can't deny her her favorites, even if it means cleaning up later.

Harbor Occasional Outdoor Dog Bed - You've probably noticed the dog beds that have resided in our living room for the past year and half in countless pictures of Ares and Chaos lounging on them. Those beds were so well loved that they finally had to go to doggie bed heaven. And now the dogs just don't know what to do without them. We've been using an old comforter but they don't feel like it's the same. And honestly I don't blame them. The beds were much comfier and definitely not eyesores. I'm now on the hunt for a bed (or 2) that could also be used outdoors. My hope is that a bed that can be used outdoors would be durable enough to stand up against all the furballs throw at it while inside and then of course be used outside as well. This one from WayFair is nice looking and neutral but also seems quality. Sure it's pricey but the amount of use it would get would be totally worth it. 

American Eagle Jeans - I have always loved distressed denim. I realize that I'm paying for ripped up jeans but there is just something about this look I'm drawn to. I can't wear them at work so they were absent in my closet for a little while, but the hiatus is over. These babies are only $25 and fit so cute. I've been wearing them on the weekends like crazy and don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frappucino - If this doesn't scream summer I don't know what does. There is a Starbucks about a mile down the road from where I work and on Friday afternoons I like to treat myself. Typically it's my go to Skinny Vanilla Latte but every now and then a girl just needs an over the top something delicious to kick off the weekend. This seasonal favorite has been around for several years but I still get excited when it comes back out for summer. Happiness in a cup with a green straw.

Woven Pear Socks - My feet are almost always cold. Ice cold. Even in the summertime. So I tend to wear socks a lot when I'm at home. I found this brand on the Lilli & Tori website and thought they were so cute. I have the whales as well as a pair with roosters and I love, love, love them. They are so comfortable and keep my tooties warm. I definitely will be wearing them year round but how fun are the whales for summertime?!

Fruitables Dog Treats - Dogs need treats too but we like to save the high value, maybe not so good for them stuff for big things like learning a new trick or when we have to put them in uncomfortable situations. Daily training requires small treats that are delicious and still healthy. We've tried all the flavors of this brand and Ares and Chaos haven't turned down any of them. Right now we have blueberry because, if you haven't figured it out yet, I love to stay seasonal. 

Happy Weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10