Shop My Instagram

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Do Nothing Weekend

Chris was out of town and I had no weekend plans. While that might sound kind of depressing to some of you, it was a relief for me. Nowhere to be and lots of time to do nothing. Sometimes you need a whole “down” weekend. Ours went a little something like this: long walks, long naps, floor scrubbing and floor parties, online shopping and in store shopping, iced coffee and iced whiskey + lemonade, vacuuming, snuggles, laundry, baking & Netflix. Oh yea.

Friday afternoon I was excited to see a package at the door for me, a blanket I ordered a month ago that had finally arrived. I almost always wash clothes/blankets before I use them so the first thing I did was throw it in with a load of laundry. Once the weather cooled off the boys and I headed out for a walk. And then we had a floor party and watched Scrubs on Netflix. JD + Turk = one of the best TV bromances ever.


Saturday was supposed to be hot and humid so we got up and early and Ares, Chaos and I went for another walk. I was all set to use my brand new monogrammed yoga mat to work out when we got back but somebody had other ideas. 

The rest of the morning I cleaned and straightened and then my dad brought me lunch. He came to fix the toilet in our hallway bathroom but also got to see our resident cat thief in action trying to nose around my vegetarian burrito. When other people see the craziness happen I feel better knowing that I actually haven’t lost all my marbles….yet.

I’ve never been great at naps. Even if I’m exhausted I don’t wake up all refreshed and ready to tackle the next part of the day. I usually just feel groggy and have less motivation than before I fell asleep. But since I didn’t have plans for the night and didn’t intend to make any, I indulged in a little afternoon nap. The whole house did. I made a quick grocery run but the rest of the evening was online shopping and more Scrubs watching. Fun fact: I’m 28 years old but I couldn’t buy alcohol. You see when Chris and I went out with our friends last weekend he put my ID in his wallet so I didn’t have to carry a purse. And then we forgot about it. It’s still in his parked car at his company’s main office about an hour and a half away from home. I realized I actually couldn’t buy the six pack I had in my cart at the grocery before I tried to, which would have been embarrassing, but figured oh well. We keep whiskey (Chris’s favorite) stocked for those non beer nights but I didn’t think I had anything to drink it with and wasn’t in the mood for Jim Beam on the rocks by myself. Technically it’s not drinking alone if the furballs are there so I found plan B. We had a can of lemonade left over from our wedding reception in the pantry. Whiskey + lemonade on the rocks is pretty good with a mac n cheese dinner for one.

Sunday mornings are usually slow at our place. I make iced coffee with breakfast and we just chill. Kristina told me about some blueberry coffee I should try so I gave it a whirl and I was not disappointed. I kept the blueberry theme going with Krispy Kreme blueberry donuts and later on tested a new recipe: blueberry lemon monkey bread. I did fix myself up to run errands and do a little shopping and discovered how hot and humid it was! I was not sorry about being inside most of the day.


We missed having Chris around for a chilled out weekend but definitely enjoyed just hanging out. My furbabies can’t talk but they are definitely some of the coolest creatures to hang with. Have a great week everyone!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10