Shop My Instagram

Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites


Iiiittt’s FRIDAY! So you know I got my latte, which always makes me smile, and now I’m counting down the minutes until the weekend really begins. While I wait, let’s talk about some favorites.


Yesterday we had a team building event that included my work department and several others we work closely with. Even the event planners really had no idea what we were in for when they booked sessions at Houdini’sRoom Escape. The gist of what happens is this: groups of 8 people are put into 3 separate rooms inside the building. Each room has its own complete (and VERY realistic) theme. Your host gives you a rundown of the hypothetical situation you’re supposed to be in and then leaves and locks the door. Your job as a group is to find a specific item(s) hidden inside the room as well as the code to unlock the door. Of course for safety reasons there is a button you can press to leave the room if necessary. There is a TV screen on the wall and once the door is locked it counts down from 60 minutes. That’s how much time you have to find what you’re looking for, get the code and get out. Now, there are cameras in the room that allow your host to see and hear you. Yea, Big Brother style. If you need help you can ask for a clue and he or she will send one over the TV screen. You are allowed to ask for as many clues as you want without penalty. The catch is that there are a series of complicated puzzles and/or riddles your group has to solve to get to the next clue. Working together and using each member of the group’s skills is what gets you out of that room. I won’t give anything else away so if any of you in the area think it sounds like fun, you’re on your own!



I don’t typically buy a ton of things from GAP but they are having a huge sale right now plus, if you shop on the website, the option to send in a text for a 25% off code will be at the top of the screen. Use it! I absolutely love their pure body crop leggings because they are SO soft and comfy. It’s also a great time to grab some of their basic tees and tops because in my experience, the quality is high so you’ll have them for a while.



I’ve gotten a ton of compliments on my cell phone case from Scarlet and Gold Shop and I can tell you not only is it too cute, it’s incredibly durable. This is coming from the girl who drops her iPhone VERY often. Clumsy + butterfingers right here. I have the Tangled print currently but I’m also loving Paint Party and Rainbow Stripes.

Remember how I love monograms? Well this tumbler with monogrammed sleeve combo is right up my alley. You can order the 24 oz mason jar with your color choice of straw and patterned sleeve, monogram or initial included, or just new straws/sleeves if you already have a tumbler. This is great for me because it fits right into my cup holder and I don’t have refill it a hundred times a day. I drink A LOT of water so this is super convenient. Plus, the sleeve is washable so it’s no problem if you spill something on it. Or it gets dog slobbered on. The latter has already happened to mine!



Several of you asked where my camo print Mama Bear shirt from my new profile picture is from so you can find it here. It’s super soft and stretchy and camo is basically a neutral so you’ve got a lot of pairing options. The majority of you are mamas whether it’s to human kids, furry kids or both, so this tee is great for on the go comfy style. 

In case you missed #National Dog Day, here's a little throw back I posted on IG of my boys.


I hope y’all are getting your weekend off to a great start!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10