Shop My Instagram

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Flying Solo

Chris has been gone for work for the past week and a half so I’ve been flying solo. Of course he is missed while he’s away and having him home makes everything a million times better. But the furbabies and I have our routine (I do all the work and they watch) and it helps so much when everything is my responsibility.

Honestly I am so much more productive when it’s just me. I certainly don’t mean to say that when Chris is around things don’t get done, it’s just that not everything gets done. And that’s perfectly fine because we are far too busy spending time together to worry about the little things that can wait. As in the little things that can wait until he leaves again for me to tackle. I like to keep myself busy while he’s away. This past Saturday morning I was up just after 6:00AM. It wasn’t my intention but a certain orange kitty was hungry and demanding breakfast. I was awoken to paws underneath the bedroom door and VERY loud meowing. After a few minutes of me trying to sleep through it I think he got fed up and started throwing himself into the door. At least that’s what it sounded like. So I was up. By 9:30AM the dogs had been walked, I had a workout and a shower under my belt, dresses I had altered and Starbucks picked up. I saw the time as I was loading coffee and blueberry muffins into the car and thought who am I

It’s nice to be caught up on cleaning, laundry and errands but relaxing is important too. The furbabies are a parent down so I try to make sure each of them are getting enough of my attention. Ares can get downright mopey when his daddy isn’t around to fawn over him and Chaos doesn’t like having to share mommy so much. O and Piper fight over who gets to sit on my lap on the couch, because heaven forbid they should sit on me together. I do my best to see to it that each furball is getting enough love and no one is feeling left out. And among all the business of working, dog walking, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and snuggling, I take a few minutes for myself.
 

Sure, we do okay when Chris is gone, and lots of things get done, but we like it so much better when he’s home. Thankfully our little family will be reunited this weekend and Goetta Fest (for all you Cincy area peeps) is on the horizon. I don’t plan to partake in the eating but Chris will do enough of that for the both of us. I am however looking forward to hanging out together and letting the little things pile back up!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10