Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Over the River and Through the Woods

When someone asks me if I have kids my answer is always the same. Yes, of the furry variety. Regular readers and friends, you know that I very much consider myself mom to all 6 of the furry (and shelled) creatures I live with. Chris and I refer to each other as Mommy and Daddy when talking to them on a regular basis. So that makes our parents Grandma and Grandpa.
At first my mom was so against being called Grandma. But over time she’s just learned to ignore it or accept it, either way she doesn’t even flinch when I say it anymore. Ares and Chaos get very excited when we tell them they are going to see Grandma and Grandpa. Let’s be honest, they pretty much get excited to go anywhere, even the vet. But it’s an extra big deal when we go to my parents’ house and they get to come. Rules they have to abide by at home go out the window. Food Mommy and Daddy don’t ever feed them eat manages to get into their mouths. Can they run wild up and down all the steps and snoop around wherever they please? Of course. Because it’s Grandma and Grandpa’s house.
Grandmas and Grandpas of human children are known for spoiling them rotten and then giving them back to their parents. I’ve learned that furbabies are no different. When we visited over the weekend Chaos greeted my dad with half his body in his lap and later Ares hopped on the couch and stood on his chest. My mom even protested when we weren’t going to take them home leftovers from our grill out. Yes, we ended up taking home a big fat goetta dog just for Ares and Chaos. She also made sure they got some bacon. It was going to “accidentally” fall on the floor until Chris said they could do tricks for it.

The funny thing is, they seem to understand that there are a different set of rules at Grandma and Grandpa’s house (none) than at home. They always end up sleeping the night away when we get home from all the excitement. When we do have human children, there will be no chance for us to keep the spoiling at bay. Ares and Chaos will be teaching them from day 1 whose house you can get away with breaking all the rules at. But you know what, that’s what Grandmas and Grandpas are for, right?
Do your parents treat your furballs like grandchildren?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10