Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Dog Alarms & Donut Dates



I’m sure most of you pet owners have done your share of cleaning up after the furballs. And you know how especially fun it is when it’s some type of bodily fluid. Yup, I’m going there. 5:45AM on Sunday morning I woke up for some reason. After checking the time I rolled over to go back to sleep when I heard the unmistakable sound of a dog about to vomit. I quickly jumped out of bed and flipped on the hallway light just in time to see Chaos puking in the middle of my closet. I rushed into the laundry room to grab cleaner and towels and came back to find 2 more piles in the bedroom hallway. And poor Chaos was laying down looking horribly guilty and miserable.

Of course I assured my sweet boy that everything was okay with some head pats and then got to work cleaning up. I still swear by white vinegar + vodka + water to take out stains with smells. After the cleanup everybody else was ready to eat so feeding time it was. But not for Chaos. When a dog throws up it’s best to wait awhile before feeding another meal, just like people. A tip we learned from the vet is to boil chicken and plain brown rice and feed that to your sick pup at the next feeding. This is very easy on the tummy and still healthy for your dog.

 Luckily Chaos was able to keep some food down later that night but don’t always just ignore it if your dog throws up. Sure, they can turn around and be just fine, but it could be a sign of a bigger problem. Make sure to watch that they are eating and drinking so there is no fear of dehydration and monitor their activity. It’s  your responsibility as mom or dad to look out for their wellbeing.

On the bright side, after my awesome wake up call I left my pup to rest for a little bit while I went on a donut date with Kristina. If you’re in the Cincinnati area, go try Holtman’s Donuts. You won’t even be able to choose because they all look so good and might just end up getting an entire dozen. No judging here. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10