Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Fall Y'all

Its’ the first official day of Fall and I am soooo excited! It’s our favorite season over here and I love all things Fall. Last weekend Blooms & Berries opened for Fall on the Farm so Chris and I made a trip out there Sunday morning. If you aren’t from the area the place I’m talking about it a big farm that has a corn maze, animals and all kinds of activities for the little ones. Plus there is a barn farmer’s market with all kinds of homemade and homegrown goodies for purchase.



We got up early and took care of the furballs then headed up to a locally famous donut shop near the farm. If you live in Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and have never been to Holtman’s Donuts you really need to make it a priority. There are 3 locations now but the original is where we went. I’m a PSL snob now so we had to stop at Starbucks first. I was literally in my own little heaven sipping my latte and eating my donut on a picnic table with my man on a beautiful sunny and cool Sunday morning.


When we arrived at the farm it was already busy with workers making treats and families picking out pumpkins. Of course Chris and I, animal lovers that we are, headed straight for the farm animals. Chris loves goats and even had one as a pet growing up so we visited them first. Next were the donkeys and we were cracking up at a little girl who decided to grab a handful of grass and stick it through the fence for them to eat out of her hand. There were sweet little lambs and crazy loud African geese, ducks, chicks and giant bunnies! We probably could have hung with the animals all day but we headed over to the corn maze to see if we were smart enough to get out. It took a little while, but eventually Chris, aka the navigator, lead us to cornstalk freedom.


It was such a nice morning I almost didn’t want to go inside to the farmer’s market, but I forgot all about the gorgeous weather when I laid eyes on the jams and butters. One of my most favorite things to eat this time of year is pumpkin butter. I’ve tried a million different kinds and y’all I think I have found the best of them all. The past few days I’ve actually caught myself thinking about eating it when I get home. We also bought syrup, jam, sweet potatoes, honey crisp apples and peppers. There is nothing like fresh fruit and veggies straight from the farm.


I think we are going to have to go back for more pumpkin butter and probably a jar of apple butter will make me take it home as well. Happy Fall y’all!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10