Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Our First Fall Weekend

Over the first weekend of Fall I had planned on being husband-less while Chris was out of town. Saturday I went into power mode cleaning, doing laundry, dog walking and running errands. Then I spent the evening drinking wine and chatting with Kristina about alpaca slippers. Yes, this is totally normal. If you’re us.


Sunday morning I got up ready to make apple cinnamon French toast after feeding the kids and letting the dogs do their business. I was standing at the back door in my pjs with Chaos out on the long lead at 7:45AM when the door opened behind me and in walked Chris. Chaos stopped mid poop to rush inside and it took me a few seconds to realize what the hell was going on. Chris has been working nights in a town about 3 hours away. When they finished early Sunday morning they found out they would have Sunday night off. So Chris got a ride from the job site to his car to come home and surprise us. And surprise us he did. Of course I wasn’t too surprised to make the pancakes. And for the record, they were AMAZING.


In the afternoon we dressed Ares and Chaos up in their orange and black bandanas, put our own Bengals colors on and headed over to my parents’ house for game time. My dad has a TV mount on the back deck specifically for sports game watching and it usually attracts some neighbors. Wouldn’t you go over to the guys’ house with an outdoor TV on a lovely fall afternoon?


All that excitement can really wear our 2 year old pups out. They especially love that they are allowed on the outdoor furniture (and laps) at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. I mean how cute are these faces?!


Happy National Coffee Day all you fellow coffee lovers! I could not pass up these latte dog treats for the occasion. Mama and pup matching treats? Oh yea!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10