Shop My Instagram

Friday, September 4, 2015

Transitional Things



It’s a holiday weekend aka 3 day weekend, Chris is home and there will be fireworks! Other than braving the lovely heat wave rolling through NKY, we should be in for a fun filled summer send off. Iced coffee in the morning, cold beer at night (okay afternoon on).



Although fall is by far my favorite season, I’m not quite ready to welcome it yet. I like to give seasons their full run before moving on to the next and technically there is still a few weeks left of summer. When it’s 90 degrees out it’s easy to stay in a summer state of mind. But I do love a smooth transition and with Labor Day sales all over the place, it’s a good time to scoop up some things you can use now and into the cooler months. 



I mentioned a few weeks back that we were considering the purchase of a pricey new dog bed for Ares and Chaos. Their old ones were just too well loved and used (and cat pee filled) and had to go to doggie bed heaven. We told the boys they are in a better place. But they’ve been a little lost without their comfy resting spots so after much research, we bit the bullet and sprung for an expensive new bed. The Harbor Occasional Outdoor dog bed by Jax & Bones is extremely well made and high quality, which you can tell as soon as you see it. We opted for the medium size but it’s a lot smaller than I anticipated. It’s Chaos-sized and he’s kind of claimed it for himself. The good news is that he doesn’t mind Ares squishing in next to him and Ares is more active around the house anyway so it’s okay for now. This bed is supposed to be hypoallergenic, much needed for a dog like Chaos, sun damage resistant and has an easily removable washable cover that repels liquids (like vomit) and the actual cushion has a waterproof casing. 100% money well spent in a home like ours. I really love that the navy design goes with the rest of our décor and it doesn’t look like a nasty old dog bed lying on the floor. Of course the bed can be used all year round but will be so nice for the cooler months when the boys love to have the bed right by the door to lounge in the sun. I imagine we will have to get another one for our Boston baby but for now one will do.


 Nordstrom had their big anniversary sale midsummer and I ordered a printed shift dress that I can't seem to find online anymore. I wore it out last weekend for sushi (and truffle fries) with the girls with wedges but the color palette lends itself nicely to fall. And would be so cute with leggings, booties and a jacket. It’s fitted up top and flowy through the middle so it’s very flattering and even could be worn by some of my pregnant ladies!


 


I am a huge fan of the Cuddl Duds line, especially their oh so soft and warm fleece leggings. I’m not busting those out yet but I did find a super awesome deal at Kohl’s on a Sherpa blanket they make. It’s a throw sized blanket and I’ve already used it to keep my freakishly cold feet warm while our A/C is on.  It will be perfect for snuggling as we head into fall and go A/C off, windows open. It comes in several other colors but I not so surprisingly picked grey. 




Happy Labor Day weekend friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10