Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Third Trimester Favorites

As my third trimester could come to an end really any day now I thought I should probably get this post up. Although Baby P has grown so much in the last couple months and my body has gone through a bajillion changes, I feel like this is the trimester I've needed the least pregnancy paraphernalia. I've mostly continued to use what I gathered from the first and second trimesters with just a few new additions.


I've tried several different types of lotions, oils and balms on my ever growing belly over the course of my pregnancy. I've yet to see a stretch mark but I am pretty sure luck and genetics have more to do with it than anything I've been putting on my stomach. That still hasn't stopped me from religiously applying this lotion every morning and night. It's so hydrating, absorbs quickly and does not smell heinous, or really at all.

I had read about this pregnancy support tank and looked it up to see what all the hoopla was about. My eyes nearly popped out of my skull when I saw how much it cost. I mean, it's a tank top for God's sake, why would I spend that kind of money? So I immediately left the site and didn't even consider buying one. A few weeks later I received an e-mail with a 20% off coupon. I'm a sucker for a deal so I ended up ordering one in black. And now I know why pregnant women across Instagram rave about them and why the little piece of fabric comes with a mighty price tag. This tank top is the shit. It's stretchy and gives ample support without constricting. The neckline is appropriate and keeps all the extra assets you're rocking up top in place. It's long enough to wear with leggings, breathable to work out in, sleep in or on warm days, thin enough to layer and basically the most comfortable thing ever when you're smuggling a basketball.

Maternity clothes are pretty stylish and bump flattering these days and I've embraced them, for the most part. But sometimes I just want to wear regular friggin clothes. Early in my third trimester I bought some of these super soft non-maternity tees in a few colors 2 sizes up from what I would normally wear. They still fit comfortably and appropriately over my belly and it just makes me feel more like myself on those days when I need to. And on the practical side of things, they aren't hugely oversized so I will be able to wear them post pregnancy as boyfriend tees with jeans or shorts or with leggings.

As the weather has warmed up and pool days, bonfires and grill outs have begun, my pregnant self has started to feel very left out of the alcohol game. I find myself practically drooling when I walk by the beer aisle at the grocery store and getting pretty pissy over commercials featuring summertime cocktails that I can't have. My saving grace has been La Croix sparkling water. I loved it and drank it before I was pregnant but now it's become my substitute for partaking in adult beverage drinking. Pouring myself a glass of fizzy flavored water isn't quite the same as the real deal, but it's holding me over for now. My favorites are Peach Pear and Grapefruit.

I'm lucky and thankful that my belly hasn't gotten so big that I can't bend over to put on my shoes. But it definitely has become quite the annoying chore. Even if I sit down and do it, then there's the whole getting back up part, and that's not so easy anymore either. Flip flops are the best because I can just slip them on with minimal effort and be on my way. Havaianas certainly aren't the cheapest way to go but they are high quality and come in tons of fun colors and patterns. I've had the same 2 pairs for several years and they barely show any wear.

Happy Hump Day!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10