Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

27 Weeks


Does this bump make me look fat? That pretty much sums up how I feel when getting dressed every day now. My maternity clothes finally fit but I have a lot of room to grow, which is great because I'm sure I'll need it! I can still wear a lot of my regular clothes but they sure fit a lot differently. Some days I so wish I had X-ray vision so I could see exactly what this child is doing inside me. Although this is my first pregnancy, I know this is one active kiddo. My doctor thinks it's hilarious. I had my 27 week check up last week and once again, this little wild thing ninja kicked the Doppler off my belly and then did a full on roll across it when I was being measured, effectively wrinkling the tape so we had to start over. I took the infamous glucose tolerance test last Friday and I have to say, I don't know what all the fuss was about. My doctor sent me home with the drink and instruction sheet after my appointment and told me to do it at my convenience sometime in the next week. When I read I only had to "fast" for 2 hours, drink the sugar and then hit the lab for the blood draw in the following hour, it didn't seem like a big deal at all. I took the drink to work with me and refrigerated it and ate what I normally eat throughout the day (breakfast, snack, lunch). I downed the orange drink within the allotted 5 minute time period and looked at the clock, then headed to the lab on my way home. Personally I thought the drink tasted like the orange stuff we used to get at good ol' Mickey D's. It was super duper sweet but didn't make me want to gag or anything. I was a bit jittery driving to the lab but otherwise felt fine. I gave my blood like a champ (I guess I'm getting used it) and then slammed some Reese's Oreos I had bought at the store as my reward and headed home to kill a workout. No nausea, no headache, no sugar crash. I was told no news is good news and I haven't received a phone call so that means I passed! Bring on the sugar. On a side note, can we talk about this whole belly button thing? When I wear a tight fitting shirt it looks like it has popped out, but really it's just the top part. My bare belly reveals that the rest of the little button is still definitely in but looking flatter while just the area where my ring was is sticking out. It actually doesn't look as strange as it sounds but it's definitely interesting to say the least.
 
Symptoms: Rib pain and hip pain got me like OUCH. Sometimes it takes my breath away. Too bad, so sad, it's not going away until the munchkin arrives. Braxton-Hicks contractions have visited as well. I was stretching after a workout and felt my belly tighten for maybe 5-10 seconds and then release. It happened twice more and that was it. I assumed they would hurt at least a little bit but it was just an odd sensation of something happening I couldn't control but definitely didn't interfere with what I was doing. About those blueberries...I didn't even buy any this week. I am forcing myself to give more attention to other fruits so it's strawberries, blackberries, oranges, bananas and peaches instead. But I still want the blueberries. Ssshhh
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10