Shop My Instagram

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Weekending

I feel like lately all of our weekends are rather eventful without a whole lot of downtime. I'm not complaining though because it's not all work and no play. That's not the way we roll around here. Friday night my mom and I went out to shop for a super fun wall art project we have planned for baby Pfeff's room. A bunch of individual pieces will come together for a cute decorative feature and I'm pretty excited about it.
 
Saturday I was up early, as usual, but instead of my typical make breakfast, workout, clean/do laundry routine, I took the morning to get myself ready. It's not every day you have a maternity photo shoot so I wanted to look my best. If you missed Monday's post about this, check it out and enter the contest here. I seriously considered wearing my outfit the rest of the day but it just wasn't practical for running around town. We ended up going out in the evening for drinks, well for everyone but me, and dinner so I changed again for a total of 3 times in one day. That's a lot of work when you're 7 months pregnant and trying to make a basketball belly look cute. But the gorgeous weather was calling to be enjoyed.

Sunday morning I made Chris sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches and scrambled some eggs and veggies with iced coffee, of course, for me. I also made a strawberry peach pastry that was pretty awesome. The strawberries are just so good right now I cannot help but buy them up to make things with. I even opted for a double dip strawberry cheesecake cone after running errands later in the day. A sunny 80 degree Sunday absolutely called for shorts, new sandals and ice cream. My dad painted the baby's room and I played around with the wall art pieces imagining what everything will look like as it all comes together. We spent the evening hanging in the backyard and then catching up on shows on the couch, windows open. I look forward to every weekend but I'm especially excited about this one coming up because I celebrate 29 years during my 29th week of pregnancy. Kind of cool, right?!

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10