Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

29 Weeks

 
Turning 29 and being 29 weeks pregnant was one of those neat little things I'll always remember and never be able to say again. I had another doctor's appointment but I was the last patient of the day and the scale needed to be recalibrated so I won't know how much more weight I've put on until next week. Not that I love watching the numbers go up on the scale, but I do like to know where I stand. We have a cheap scale at home we used to weigh the dogs as puppies but since I was told there would probably be a difference between the numbers it would show and the scale at the doctor's office I didn't even bother. I have been trying to eat smaller meals more frequently or lighter options like salads so I don't get too full and bring on the dreaded heartburn. Here's the funny thing. It was back with a vengeance when I got a tip from a kind older man at Target to try dissolving a teaspoon of baking soda into an 8oz glass of water and chugging it down. It just so happened that was the say of my last doctor's appointment so I asked her about it. She said she hadn't had any patients mention it, but it was perfectly safe to try and to let her know if it worked. If you follow me on Snapchat @rufflifeky you know I asked if anyone has ever tried this as a heartburn cure. Several people had, with good results, so I was all set to try it, but I've only had a few bouts of low grade heartburn barely worth mentioning. I'm sure that now I've said this it will be back to visit and then I'll let you all know if the baking soda trick works.
 
I'm still mixing regular clothes with maternity, but I am fortunate that the office I work in has a very casual dress code and is even still pretty lax on it. The warmer weather has been great for maxi dresses and skirts with my maternity tanks and a denim vest or jacket over top. I can also still wear some of my short dresses as is or with leggings underneath to turn them into tunics. I rock leggings with tees or tanks and open shirts or jackets too. I have these in both colors and just ordered a second pair of these because I also sleep and workout in them. I'm not thrilled to be super pregnant when it starts to get really hot, but at the same time it seems to be much easier to dress for the third trimester in the Spring/Summer than Winter.
 
Symptoms: This kid moves all the time but right before I go to bed is by far the height of activity. Sometimes it looks like little P is just going to bust right out of my belly and break free. It looks SO WEIRD to see my body contort with the rolls, elbow jabs and punches. Rib pain and back pain, same old, same old. Still feeling good enough to keep up with 5 day a week regular workouts. I have been asked about the modifications I've been doing so I'll have to do a separate post on that. No sign of that dark line on my belly or stretch marks...yet. Sleep is fine, just waking up to pee once a night. I had a slice of homemade blueberry pie for my birthday and it was heaven. Yup, the blueberry cravings are still hanging around.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10