Shop My Instagram

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Coffee Talk

I don't remember the first time I tried coffee, but I didn't really come to LOVE it until really the last few years. Pictures with Starbucks cups in hand or of just the drink itself have become ever present and cliché at this point on social media, but I totally follow the trend. And you know what I always wonder as I scroll through my feed and see them? What's in that cup! I'll probably notice most everything else in the post secondary to the coffee. Am I the only one?
 
 
I've posted before about Starbucks cold brew but today I'm sharing my favorite orders straight from the source and some other go-to combos I make myself at home. Since I've been pregnant I've been on a coffee roller coaster. Around week 7 or so I developed a major coffee aversion. I was pretty bummed watching everyone else sipping their holiday lattes in their red cups but luckily I hadn't missed out on PSL season. The ban was lifted around week 15 and things really took a turn for the better on the coffee front. Previously I could drink coffee sparingly due to my bladder condition, but pregnancy has somehow lessened the effect on my body to the point that I can have it every single day. I'm not even going to question it.
 
During the week I make coffee at home and save Starbucks trips for special occasions or the weekend. I love brewing Green Mountain coffee in my Kurig straight into a mason jar and letting it sit in the fridge to get cold overnight. In the morning I transfer it to a go cup, add creamer and/or milk and ice and I'm all set. I do not drink dairy milk for various reasons so you will always find unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my fridge. I recently discovered almond creamer on a trip to Kroger and couldn't get it in my cart fast enough. A few of my favorite combos are Green Mountain Brown Sugar Crumble Donut with Silk Caramel Almond Creamer and a splash of Simple Truth Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, Green Mountain Wild Mountain Blueberry with Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer or Green Mountain Breakfast Blend with Silk Hazelnut Almond Creamer and almond milk.
 
Vanilla lattes, usually of the skinny variety, used to be my jam at Starbucks, but pregnancy has also changed my taste a bit. Even though I still love a good latte, I have discovered I also really like a stronger coffee flavor to my drink. My typical order these days is a grande iced coffee with coconut milk and a pump (or 2) or vanilla. Of course I do like to switch it up sometimes and go for a green or cinnamon chai tea latte or caramel machiato. Always iced, always with non dairy milk.
 
How do you take your coffee?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10