Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

29 & Feelin' Fine

Tank / Shorts - purchased in store @ Target
 
Over the weekend we celebrated my 29th birthday. Hello last year of my 20s! I'm not usually someone who enjoys being the center of attention but I have always loved being the birthday girl. 29 may not be a typical milestone birthday, but I was happy about it none the less. It just so happens that I'm 29 weeks pregnant the week I turned 29, which I think is pretty cool. Some people have asked if I'm sad that I'll turn 30 next year. Sad? Why would I be sad? Not to be all morbid or anything but in this world, not everyone makes it until that next birthday. I'm sure you know someone or maybe it's even you that would give anything to celebrate another birthday with someone who has seen their last. So if you ask me, every year you get to have another birthday is cause for celebration and appreciation of life.
 
 
My birthday is April 24th so it was actually on Sunday, but the celebration began Friday when my dad sent me a beautiful spring flower bouquet at work. Saturday I made candles with my mom and some of my girlfriends and had lunch outside. Sunday morning my hubby let me sleep in and only woke me up to give me breakfast in bed made up of my favorites from different places. He also threw in a new pair of Nikes I've had in one my various online shopping carts waiting to go on sale. We spent the afternoon enjoying the nice weather and playing with the dogs in the yard and then had dinner on the patio of a local restaurant. I gifted my sister one the gorgeous Nena & Co. bags for her birthday this winter and have been wanting one for myself ever since. My parents surprised me with one of my own and I am pretty sure it can double as a super stylish diaper bag when the babe comes.
 
 
29 and feelin' fine is my motto this year. I am incredibly grateful for so many things in my life and excited for all that is yet to come. Life continues to get better and I can't wait to see what else is in store for me.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10