Shop My Instagram

Friday, April 22, 2016

Beach Hair, Don't Care

I am a casual kind of girl through and through. Give me jeans and a t-shirt over a cocktail dress every day of the week. So it's not surprising that I never rock any fancy hairdos or even attempt any style I think will take longer than about 5 minutes. I have always loved those beautiful beachy waves the bikini models seem to rock so effortlessly and have been trying to perfect that look for years. Really. Probably if I bothered to spend more time it wouldn't have taken so long. But, I FINALLY feel like I have it down. And of course my favorite part about this style is that it's easy and doesn't take long. I realize that different types of hair require different styling techniques, so this might not quite work for everyone. But it can't hurt to give it a try right? My hair is pretty fine but I actually have a lot of it, and it does have a bit of a natural wave if left to air dry. I only wash my hair twice a week and just use dry shampoo in between, but I have found that this method yields the same results whether I just washed my hair the night before or 2 days ago.


Start with dry hair, clean or dirty, your choice. If I haven't just washed my hair the night before I spray in this dry shampoo to add a bit of volume. I love that it sprays on clear, leaves no residue and definitely gives my hair some life since it can tend to look limp. My only complaint is that it doesn't smell amazing. I really love hair products that have an awesome scent. Moving on. Spritz this sea salt spray, yes it's the same brand, all over your hair from about an inch from your roots all the way around and to the ends. Don't overdue it so that your hair actually becomes wet, just make it ever so slightly damp. Make sense? This isn't an exact science. While you're doing this part have a large barrel curling iron heating up. I use this one and it gets hot fast. Once your hair is coated in the spray get to work scrunching it with your hands in large clumps. Next take the curling iron and wrap large sections of hair around the barrel starting about 2 inches from your crown. Hold for 5 seconds and release. Once you have finished your whole head, let the curls cool to the touch and then tousle your hair with your hands. I slide my fingers underneath and lightly shake everything out. And that's it, you're done. No hairspray, just loose, I totally just came from the beach waves. My hair stays like this all day and I love that it's a very imperfect look already so I don't have to keep messing with it. Again, I realize this won't work for everyone, but I just wanted to share in case you've been looking for a new way to achieve this style.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10