Shop My Instagram

Friday, May 27, 2016

5 Items For Your Baby Registry

I'm extremely fortunate in that I'll have had 2 baby showers for Baby P. On Sunday my aunts, cousins and sister hosted an afternoon for half of our family and friends and I am so grateful and appreciative. All the heart eyes over the gender neutral décor including the cutest baby sock bouquet.
 
 
My second shower is tomorrow with the rest of our friends and family at my mother-in-law's and I can't wait. I have no doubt everything will be just as beautiful and sweet. Baby P and I are just the luckiest to have such wonderful people who are so exited for us. Yes, I'm totally shouting out to all my lovely hostesses. Thank you so, so much.
 
I talked about creating my registry with BabyList here but today I'm going a bit more in depth on some of the things I put on my wish list. As a first time mom to a human babe my best resources have been other new mamas. Of course all little ones are different, people lead varying lifestyles and have their own tastes and preferences, but it still helps immensely to get advice from those currently living the experience.
 
 
 
The 4moms mamaRoo is the very first item I put on my registry. It was mentioned by nearly all the moms I asked to name their top baby products and even one dad. While certainly it's something we could all live without, I keep hearing it's well worth it's price point for the sanity it can bring. An easily portable seat that has 5 different motion settings + plays music? If they made one for adults I'd want it for mama too.
 
Boppy is a brand I was familiar with long before becoming pregnant because I heard so much about it. Created originally to serve as a nursing support pillow, the Boppy also has many other uses. I was warned by several people that it can a bit difficult to use when feeding a newborn based on the size of the baby, experience of the mother, ect. BUT it's still a definite to add to the registry. Some moms had no trouble with it right away and others loved it a little later postpartum. I know people who use it simply to "hold the baby" while they fold laundry, for tummy time or even for sleepy toddlers to nap on.
 
I registered for this standard video monitor but I also registered for the Owlet baby monitor. It actually didn't come as a recommendation from anyone I know personally but rather from the mama blogging community. After reading post after post after post about how awesome this system is and the peace of mind it brings, I decided it was worth asking for. Not only does it monitor baby's heart rate and oxygen levels, but it also records all of his/her stats to an app on your phone. So if I turn out to be an anxiety ridden, obsessive FTM, I can check whenever I want, even if Baby P is staying with someone else.
 
Aden + Anais muslin swaddles aren't all the rage for nothing. It's been quite a long time since I learned to swaddle, way back when I was baby-sitting. But when I watched a YouTube video to remind myself, it came back to me pretty easily. Teaching Chris will be another story. If there's anything new I've learned though, is that this particular brand of swaddle is just the best of the best. Mamas have told me specifically to register for/purchase this brand, so I listened. It doesn't hurt that they come in tons of cute patterns and colors AND there are many gender neutral options.
 
Many parenting choices are hot button issues, especially about babies. Co-sleeping is one the most hotly debated on the list. I'll just say our current plan is to have Baby P sleep in our room, next to my side of the bed for the first several months. I had been told by enough people to get a Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper that I planned to have it on my registry anyway to use as a portable bassinet. But when I heard it could double as a bedside crib for those first few months, I was sure it was something I'd need.
 
I plan to do future posts on our own favorite items once Baby P arrives, but until then we are just guessing about what we will need. I've really enjoyed learning about what other mamas find the most useful and love the best for their babes plus I've received some wonderful advice. If you're a FTM trying to create a registry, hopefully these few items can help to get you started.
 
Happy Friday y'all!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10