Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Boy or Girl?: Leaving it a Secret

Other than when I'm due, the most popular question I am asked about my pregnancy is if I'm having a boy or a girl. People are usually shocked when I say I don't know. Technology is so amazingly advanced that an ultrasound can reveal the sex of a baby in utero just a few months into the pregnancy. Blood tests can give expecting parents an answer even sooner. While I totally understand why many moms and dads want to find out if their baby is a boy or a girl, I'm firmly in the opposing camp regarding my own child.
 
As long as I can remember back, I said I would decline to know the sex of my baby when the day came that I was pregnant. Most people said I'd change my mind. Most people were wrong. The moment I saw those 2 pink lines I knew my opinion was still strong. Lucky for me, Chris was in total agreement. I realize it's a surprise whether you find out as soon as possible or wait until the baby is born, but I'm a total sucker for a big build up to a happy surprise and waiting until he or she arrives just amps up the excitement level.
 
Honestly, I have no idea if baby P is a boy or a girl. I have friends who swore they knew before they found out but that has not been the case for me. It's not that I don't feel connected to my baby, I just don't have strong feelings either way about the sex. I go back and forth about it and for me, that's half the fun! I will say that I've had overwhelmingly more dreams about having a boy and most of my friends and family are guessing boy, but I'm certainly not convinced. The moment he or she is born and my doctor says, "It's a ________!" will be the best surprise and I am giddy with anticipation.

 
So, are you team blue or team pink?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10