Shop My Instagram

Friday, May 6, 2016

Spring Style

Even though I'm pregnant this year I've still been trying to keep up in the style department and follow some of the trends this belly will allow. In NKY you just never know what kind of Spring whether is in store but this year has been on the warmer side so far and we've even had a few hot days already. I've always been a shorts wearing kind of girl and will probably forever love destroyed denim, which is EVERYWHERE. I hadn't planned on buying anything in this department until after this kid is born but when I saw these I had to give them a shot. I sized up and they actually fit underneath my belly, for now. I figure I'll still need some extra room this summer post-baby and if I'm magically back to my regular size before the end of summer they should still fit boyfriend style.
 
Button up shirts may not button anymore but luckily wearing them open over a tank or tee is stylish and bump-friendly. It's an easy look to throw together and the lightweight material of this, this (on sale!) or this (have it) make it warm weather appropriate. An added benefit is that they transition to fall as a layering piece.


One thing that definitely hasn't changed is my shoe size. This makes me very happy because shoes are my favorite accessory. You can probably tell I am all over the lace-up trend since I've already posted about these, these and these, but there are so many cute options! I'm especially drawn to them because they make a statement for an otherwise basic outfit and that's perfect for my current style. I've got these, these and these on my wish list. A girl can never have too many shoes.


I love that dresses of the swing, shift, t-shirt and baby doll variety are super stylish right now because they are perfect for a baby bump! I have this one, just bought this one and have my eye on this one. No waistline means you can go for the double scoop of ice cream!
 
Last year my mom bought me a pair of white skinny Joe's Jeans and I've worn them countless times since. I think the rule about wearing white pants strictly between Memorial Day and Labor Day has long been out the window in the fashion world and white jeans are great for all of Spring and Summer. I might not be able to button mine anymore but I'll belly band them until I can't get them on! Once I lose this belly I'd like a destroyed pair as well (surprise!) and love these, these and these.
 
Somebody have a cold one and cheers to the weekend for me please!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10