Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Our 1 Year Anniversary

 
 
If you don’t know me personally, are new around here or maybe just forgot, you might not know the story of how Chris and I met. It’s not exactly unique or all that exciting but I will remember that moment like it’s frozen in time forever. As we sat on the couch one recent night arguing over whether the little lump beneath my belly button was baby P’s hand or foot I asked him if he ever saw this day coming. He reminded me that none of this was part of the master plan from his early 20s and I just had to come along and ruin everything. My husband is very sarcastic but if you know him, you know this is actually him being very sweet.
 
5 years ago we were both single 20 somethings enjoying a night out with friends with zero plans to meet anyone new and certainly not the person we’d end up with forever. As Frankie Ballard croons, “Ain’t it crazy baby, how we got here, oh it all started with a beer”. Yup, that’s how it happened. You really just never know when the love of your life is going to come crashing in, as ridiculous as that may sound.
 
I always wanted to get married and have a family of both furbabies and human kids. But if you had asked me to give specifics on my life 5 years down the road in 2011, I guarantee you I would not have described the reality of it today. It’s a thousand times better. Chris is certainly not the price charming my younger self had in mind but he is everything a good husband is supposed to be and just the right guy for me. My opinion of fairytales has dramatically changed and I just can’t even picture my life being any other way. So yea, Chris came along and ruined my silly dreams too.  As we celebrate our very first year of marriage, I am flooded with happiness that this is how it’s all turned out. Sometimes having someone come along and ruin all your plans is the best thing that could ever happen. Sometimes you end up somewhere far better than you ever imagined. Sometimes it all starts with a beer. An ice cold beer.
 
Cheers to my husband and many more years ahead together!
 
 
Now if only I could have a beer. An ice cold beer. Damn it.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10