Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

We haven't had a 3 day holiday weekend since the beginning of the year so we took full advantage for Memorial Day. Between regular chores and projects around the house we celebrated baby P, spent time with family, ate good food and relaxed. Saturday was my 2nd baby shower, hosted by my sister-in-law. It was a really nice afternoon and I am so grateful for all the family and friends who came and so generously brought gifts. Baby P feasted on all kinds of goodies including blueberry cheesecake and mama managed to wear a non-maternity dress and heels, okay wedges.
 
Sunday we continued with cleaning/organizing/the Honey-Do list in the morning. Nesting at it's finest. Then we headed to a family picnic where I proceeded to drop my phone in the toilet. It was only icky toilet water, thankfully, but I thought I might have killed my very expensive iPhone. After drying it off, sanitizing the heck out of it, and letting it be for a bit, it worked perfectly the rest of the evening. I was shocked. It was almost drowned again when a pop up shower had us scrambling to get back inside as we were listening to music on the deck. I thought we were home free until yesterday morning when I was working out and heard Siri talking....as my phone was on the other side of the room. So creepy. I tried to shut her down but the buttons wouldn't work and then...blackness. It wouldn't turn back on so I was dreading taking it to Apple and begging for a new one. I was even shamelessly going to go for 8 months pregnant and crying. But on a whim we tried the old bag of rice trick and do you know what? After nearly 24 hours in the bag, it turned on this morning. And it's been working perfectly fine since. Not a single unsolicited peep from Siri. Fingers crossed.
 
Striped cropped leggings - old from Gap / Yellow striped tee / Maternity Jeans - sold out from A Pea in the Pod / Lace up espadrilles / Bag / Monogrammed leather cuff bracelet / Gold bangles
 
Yesterday lots was accomplished and lots was eaten. I was dead on my feet by the time we ate lunch from the grill after being busy all morning and scrambling to chop veggies and make mac n'cheese (from scratch) without much notice. I'm not blaming anyone though, ahem, Christopher. Really it was fine, and delicious. I'm kind of bummed I was phoneless aka cameraless and didn't get pictures of the bump in my patriotic attire or the pups snacking on doggie ice cream. But sometimes just living in the moment is better than capturing it.
 
We celebrate Memorial Day weekend the good ol' American way with beers, hotdogs, pool floats and ice cream but I hope we all remember what the day is actually for. Thank you to all the men and women who have and are serving in our US military. My heart goes out to the families who have lost loved ones while protecting our freedoms and those who dearly miss moms and dads away for duty.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10