Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

22 Weeks

Top (AE last year) / Jeans / Shoes
 
I’ve finally started to wear some tighter fitting tops since at 22 weeks, I think I look more pregnant than chubby. It’s fun to show off the bump, but at the same time, I now feel like a walking billboard. Since I’m now advertising the fact that I’m pregnant, everyone is sort of pouncing on the belly. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to answer how far along I am, when I’m due, how I’m feeling ect. But having the big to do over my stomach isn’t exactly my cup of tea. Today I actually went back to wearing something that hides the bump because the past week has been kind of exhausting to be honest. I sound like a horrible person I’m sure but I don’t mean to come across as a whiney, ungrateful something that starts with a b and ends with an itch. It’s just that I much prefer people looking at my face when they see me as opposed to my belly. I’d be happier with a greeting along the lines of “hey, you look great!” than “look at your belly!”. Y’all, I see this belly every day and while I certainly think pregnancy is a beautiful thing, drawing attention to it in such a big way can really make a girl feel self-conscious. I’d like to think the bump won’t be such a big deal in the coming months now that I’ve put it out there, but I suspect as it gets bigger it will just garner more attention. That’s just something I’ll have to learn to deal with.  Any of you currently pregnant girls feel this way or do I just sound grumpy?
I’m still in limbo as far as regular clothes/maternity clothes go. I can still zip and button several pairs of skinny pants/jeans that have some stretch but it would be uncomfortable to wear them like that all day. I opt for the belly band, forgoing the button most days or just wear leggings or a dress. I can still wear regular tops, although the bump can now been seen under most of them. I will soon need some maternity or at least longer length tees/tanks as the weather warms, especially for working out. But I’ll get there. I am looking forward to dressing the bump this Spring and Summer. It will be my best semi-permanent accessory yet!
Symptoms: The past few nights I’ve woken up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night feeling absolutely terrified but couldn’t tell you why. As soon as I realize I’m in my room, in my bed I can fall back to sleep fairly easily. But let me tell you this is getting old fast and definitely my least favorite pregnancy side effect. I’ve had increased lower back pain but found some stretches to try specifically for pregnancy that hopefully will help. Fetal movement is often throughout the day and I have a feeling we’ve got a wild child on our hands. At my last prenatal check-up baby P kicked the Doppler when my doctor was trying to hear the heartbeat. It was so strong and spot on the probe hopped up off my belly. My doctor and I both laughed, because what else are you going to do? My kid is a bit ornery apparently. Definitely gets that from daddy! I’ve been on a blueberry kick lately in case you missed Monday’s post. I could eat blueberry everything. I’m up about 13 lbs now from my pre-pregnancy weight, all gained between 13.5 and 22.5 weeks. Thankfully, that’s normal and I’m right on track. I was a bit worried with the extra treats I’ve been sneaking but my doctor says I’m doing just great and congratulated me on keeping up with my workouts so I’m feeling pretty good.

 P.S. We are SO painting the front door this Spring. It looks even worse in person.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10