Shop My Instagram

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hunter Boots

Today is a rainy day. Even though it’s not officially Spring yet, it sure has felt like it this week. With many more rainy days on the horizon it seemed like a good time for a post about rain boots. Specifically Hunter Wellies. I’m betting the majority of you know exactly what I’m talking about. If not well, Hunter is a brand that makes rains boots known as Wellies. Someone decided these boots were not only for keeping feet dry in the rain but also as a staple in any fashionista’s closet. Popularity has soared and now you’re probably hard pressed to be out in public on a rainy day without seeing these boots walking the streets. There are tons of styles and colors to choose from but at $100 + a pair, there’s a lot of people wondering if it’s worth it for rubber rain boots. If you’re one of these people, I’ve got you covered.
 
 
My sister has had a pair of these boots for several years now, the original hunter green color. When I saw them for the first time I thought they were ugly and wouldn’t be caught dead in them. And then all of a sudden I started to see other girls wearing them, in a variety of colors. I couldn’t get on Pinterest without seeing them and all the fashion bloggers were wearing them. I had a pair of cheap rain boots I had been wearing for quite a while that seemed just fine, especially compared to the price tag these Hunter Wellies came with. But eventually they won me over. Maybe it was all the cute outfits I was seeing, maybe it was the desire to follow the trend, or maybe it was the pretty, shiny colors. In any case, I put them on my Christmas list in 2014 and have loved the dusty blue pair I received as a gift ever since. Last year I had my eyes on the glossy red color and entered a contest on IG to win a pair. I was pretty surprised when I was actually one of the winners and a few days later the brand new pair showed up at my door, just in time for our rainy Christmas.
 
Even though I haven’t actually purchased a pair myself, I think as the proud owner of 2, I can fairly give my opinion. In short, they are beyond worth it. If you own a pair you’ll agree they are extremely high quality. This isn’t cheap rubber we’re talking about, it’s heavy duty stuff. You could probably hurt someone if you threw one of these bad boys hard enough. Even though these boots have become a fashion statement, they truly do fulfill the original purpose of keeping your tootsies clean and dry in the rain. The soles have amazing grips for traction in slick parking lots and driveways (great for those with a penchant for sliding). They’re incredibly easy to clean either with the brand’s product or with a little olive oil and a towel. These are not boots you’ll have to replace after a season or two of consistent wear. They’re made to last so it’s an investment. On the vain side of things, they come in both neutral and fun colors to fit all personalities and tastes. You can pair them with just about any outfit and still look put together while being appropriately dressed for the weather. While I don’t recommend them so much for playing in the snow or trudging around in deep drifts, they’re great for flurries and that icky snow/rain/sleet whatever it is. There is some insulation but without the fleece inserts and thick socks your feet will probably get cold walking around in lots of the white stuff, especially for an extended period of time. I stick with my Sorel or Bean boots for those situations. The only other thing I would add is I’m normally a women’s US size 7 ½ and I wear the size 7 Wellies comfortably. They are snug with thick socks but not too tight and also aren’t too big with thin socks. I plan to keep wearing mine all year round and I might even go for a brightly colored short version for Spring. You can find the boots above and many others online here:
 
 
P.S. My friend Amanda started a new blog about life as a new mama. Go check her out here. Now I’m off to rain dance in my boots! Just kidding
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10